The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pining for the imaginary man > Comments

Pining for the imaginary man : Comments

By Stephen Cable, published 16/7/2018

It appears that Silicon Valley is giving more money to Obama's library than to democrat candidates and that's really unfortunate according to the author.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
As an American I object to presidential libraries unless it is the private library of a man who became president. The Library of Congress was founded because President Jefferson donated his private Library to the US government. Presidential libraries started with Franklin Roosevelt's library. However, it was his private library which his heirs allowed people to visit. Presidential papers should be the property of the Library of Congress as they really are the property of the US people. Presidential libraries in general are monuments to the egos of former presidents. The semi-literate President Trump who had his books written by ghost writers should have a haunted house as his presidential library.
Posted by david f, Monday, 16 July 2018 11:42:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Last time I looked, Silicon Valley was a massive cleavage barely supported by a straining and inadequate bra.

President Obama, yesterday's man and not overly concerned with a world he can not influence very much? Well, the change we can all believe is yet to come!

That said, there are things that can be and should be said and done. And I would say them if I were successfully nominated as Aussie of the year? Anybody? Somebody?

One of the messages would be, thorium is the most energy material on the planet.

Moreover, with a half-life longer than the universe. We can never run out of this stuff.

The trick here is to keep out of the price-gouging hands of the exploitative class and retained forever in ordinary everyday common men's hands.

Men used as the generic term to include both sexes equally!

Recalcitrant pollies have sat on and even prohibited this source of super fuel and the worlds CHEAPEST, SAFEST, CLEANEST CARBON FREE energy, for decades.

And will continue to do so unless and until brought to account!? By minor parties who see how politically popular the world's cheapest, cleanest, safest energy would be!

Am I the imaginary man you are pining for?

Give me a real platform, so I can influence some sensible pragmatism for a change.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 16 July 2018 5:17:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Correction and apologies. Most energy should read as, most energy dense.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 16 July 2018 7:30:48 PM
A good summary of the disaster that was the first black President.
The first mention of him in the press that I recall, was that his rise had started, like many prominent democrats, with a criminal buying him a house.
I don’t remember the name of the criminal, but I did check when Obama left office, and he granted the criminal a pardon.
Obama, a racist, anti-America, climate fraud promoter, attended church each week, where the preacher repeated continually, “God damn America; its in the bible”.
He was a despicable president, and it is great to see Trump dismantling the mess he left.
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 11:38:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy