The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A warning: those headaches are about to get a whole lot worse > Comments

A warning: those headaches are about to get a whole lot worse : Comments

By Alice Gallen, published 8/3/2018

A new generation hooked on technology has given up on democracy and shut the door to civil discussion, instead choosing hate, defensiveness and extreme solutions.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I pity your generation, Alice.

It is not democracy that you don't care about - it is life itself.

Locked behind small plastic screens, what is there to hope for anyway?
Your life has been sucked into this meaningless "virtual reality", nothing is real any more and it is not getting any better.

With this planet having become captive to the digital craze, I am glad that I will be leaving this world before you. I no longer envy your youth!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 8 March 2018 7:23:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your generation, Alice, are inheriting a very hostile world.
I don`t, as Yuyutsu seems not to, envy you. I won`t be suffering those headaches.
Perhaps you should stop looking at that screen and do some thinking about how to solve the problems and headaches you will face.
Problems caused by our (n)ever thinking politicians who possess not a clue.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 8 March 2018 7:35:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A lot of your problem is that your parents abrogated their responsibilities to teach and nurture you. They ignored you and taught you nothing and allowed you to do as you pleased. They wanted to be your 'friends', not your parents who would have had to teach you right from wrong, history, and the spiritual side of life. They made you self-centred and ill-mannered. You are totally useless, a waste of space, and you are already wrecking Western society. And, you will be the biggest losers, because you talk too much and never listen.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 8 March 2018 7:47:23 AM
ateday,
Solving the problems is the easy part.
Convincing others to implement the solutions is the hard bit.

ttbn,
Your comments make me wonder: were you neglected as a child?
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 8 March 2018 9:12:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//ttbn,
Your comments make me wonder: were you neglected as a child?//

I think he's just a grumpy old man with a massive chip on his shoulder.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 8 March 2018 10:00:27 AM
Cybernetics seeks to manipulate the brain, while AI seeks to replicate the brain.
There is a war going on, which will have casualties. God help those who survive it!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 8 March 2018 11:30:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy