The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The next big offshore boom is about to happen here > Comments

The next big offshore boom is about to happen here : Comments

By Irina Slav, published 5/10/2017

The 287 blocks auctioned are just the first portion of a number of deposits that hold an estimated 10 billion barrels of crude in proven reserves.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Brazilian crude is as thick as tar and needs heating to enable recovery! Which blows out recovery costs!

Gas reserves? Who cares?

Brazil is one of a few countries that are looking at molten salt and thorium as part of the energy future!

And once that genie is out of the bottle, the rest will have to scramble madly to get on board or be left like high and dry fish floundering on dry sand!

Yes let's build a coal fired power station up north, to prove clean coal!

Don't worry if the goal is unobtainable or the cost demonstrably prohibitive!

We have history, when it comes to wasting scarce resources, taxpayer's funds, on great big white elephants!

Arguably to to serve the interests of debt laden, tax avoiding, profit repatriating, foreign speculators/"investors"?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 5 October 2017 10:30:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am no economist, but I question the govt's economic policy. I have noted over the years that the thing everyone looks at is 'the inflation figure'. I maintain that whoever set up this current style of running countries, has done so with a built in 'failure' switch. In other words it was designed to fail at certain intervals. These intervals are called 'recessions', 'depressions' and GFC's. The way they have designed it is, to put it simply, a PONZI. You push for inflation saying this is good for the economy. Wages go up and there is growth. I'm not that smart but I employ the old saying that, 'what goes up must come down'. So once every, approx, ten years, (give or take) we have what has been called a 'correction'. Now I don't know about you but I would rather see little or no inflation, if only so that we have a stable economy and people and businesses can plan and feel safe in forecasting and not have to worry about what's around the corner. I would like some feed back on this as it is a real head scratcher for me.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 8 October 2017 4:47:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy