The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why are public opinion polls failing? > Comments

Why are public opinion polls failing? : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 4/10/2017

French opinion polls were so badly wrong that the leading newspaper La Parisienne took a break from writing stories based on polling results.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The reason public opinion polls fail, is because the people that conduct them deliberately poll a slice of the demographic that will vote for a 'preferred candidate' so they can report this and attempt to manipulate the outcome.
I guess the thinking is that ignorant fence-sitters want to say they were on the winning side, so they attempt to tell them what the winning side is.
I'm not sure the strategy is working.

Hillary has been blaming everyone for her loss, but the only one to blame is Hillary herself.
I remember them saying she had a 96% chance of winning.
Total rubbish.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 4 October 2017 9:29:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's not the polls that are failing, just the question writers and those who interpreted the results of all to often, leading questions.

And results vary wildly depending on the cohort examined?

As GWB put it, it is no exaggeration that the undecided could go either way?

People are finally waking up to the fact, they decide very little!

Why we don't even own our own thoughts and are no more than a herd of herdable cattle able to be milked of their endeavor and ideas, for the term of their natural lives!

Heard on breakfast radio this morning, anything that goes online becomes the alleged property of the service provider? Meaning we don't even own our own thoughts, intellectual property, let alone opinions?

And a good a reason as any to confound the pollsters and massaged public opinion, at the only polls that count!

Those that confer power!

So that effectively emasculates the hitherto alleged kingmakers/pollsters?

If my opinion and or your opinion is virtually worthless? Why should we share them with public opinion manipulators?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 4 October 2017 10:13:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yeah the polls have nearly been as inaccurate as the gw ' experts'. They are experts after the effort with any amount of excuses for being plainly wrong. Still very few get paid on performance these days. All that matters is that you go with the narrative.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 4 October 2017 10:23:22 AM
The narrative being what?

That many scientists, hundreds even, many of whom are christian to the back teeth! Are engaged in a, too large to ever manage or control, world wide conspiracy to bilk millions from the unwary/ill informed?

On the other hand, one may well accuse the denialists of just following a narrative? Given cyclical weather never ever results in record heat waves and increased, mean average, wind speeds during a waning phase of the sun!

Never ever! Just isn't possible! Just the very opposite along with advancing glacial and polar ice!

Our sun, according to some very precise satellite mounted instrumentation, has been in a waning phase since the mid seventies. Moreover, was down the very bottom of an activity cycle in 2011, with confirming photography recording the fried egg look that identifies this lowest activity phenomena! (NASA)

Keep the head buried old son, that way you'll never ever have to take a butchers at the incontrovertible and growing by the day, evidence!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 4 October 2017 11:40:21 AM
To be kind we must remember that pollsters are part of the inner city elitist community, & with the same disconnect from the majority of the population as some of our lefties on here.

It would be impossible that their attitudes & inclinations did not mirror to some extent, those they live & mix with. This of course colours the questions they ask, the way they are framed, & the interpretation they give to the answers they receive. Perhaps not push polling, but something very close.

I have found it interesting that out in the real world, where I live, they could never get the same result they promote in the media. I have no idea how much of this is intentional & actual electioneering by these elites, & how much is simply incompetence.

I lean towards the latter, as most of those involved have one of those pretend degrees such as journalism, with the full indoctrination that involves. I have only once been phone polled, & found it rather interesting. The little lady involved could not keep her surprise & disappointment at my answers from showing in her voice. I assumed she was probably a journalist student, earning a part time dollar, with her indoctrination showing brightly.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 4 October 2017 11:43:16 AM
"The narrative being what?"

- Whatever Hillary, Obama, Soros, The Deep State and a complicit media backed by neo-liberal fascists say it is...
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 4 October 2017 11:47:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy