The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What a disaster! > Comments

What a disaster! : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 19/9/2017

The Victorian Government is on the front foot putting together an innovative strategy to address one of the major failings of the existing emergency response protocols.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Let the dead bury the dead; more evidence!
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 7:20:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The real disaster here, is that sad fact that this survey was ever made necessary, by a recalcitrant few!

There are so many, much much more important and pressing issues that must be tackled! i.e., Affordable energy and housing!

As for the bushfire season? How long are we going to persist reducing fire hazards with fire? When in the face of warmer, drier, windier conditions, we should be reducing fuel buildups with very short term, intensive, cell grazed, grazing goats!?

All pre summer season long. Regardless of whether, adverse weather bans fire!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 19 September 2017 11:39:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hell. I thought you were going to tell me they were going to hand back control to the local volunteer bush fire brigades who have done such a great job for decades.

I thought they might even sack the entire city top echelon of bush fire management, so real fire fighters can get on with the job.

Guess it's more failed ex police commissioners, & theoretically trained graduates of who knows where that will still be stuffing things up as usual.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 2:08:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy