The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Dr Mercola’s anti-vaccination advice, and why you shouldn't take it > Comments

Dr Mercola’s anti-vaccination advice, and why you shouldn't take it : Comments

By Amanda Midlam, published 14/8/2017

Joseph Mercola is the face of a faceless corporation that has no conscience about what it sells.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Well I don't know anything about Mercola, but I think the authour needs to put things in the right context.

Obviously it's a US site, (by the phone number listed at the top of the page) and so we need to start there.
We need to understand that this in not Australia and we have different health care systems.
The US doesn't have free heathcare like we do, you're forced to pay high insurance premiums that have increased a large amount in recent times, and many opt to go without coverage and instead pay a fine.
In this environment you're going to have people searching for ways to help themselves, and everybody knows there is good and bad info on the internet, so I'm really not sure why you are making such a fuss.

In regards to would I trust Mercola on the issue of vaccines?
On face value I'd be somewhat sceptical, but this is what you'd expect from this kind of site.

Do I myself question the safety and effectiveness of vaccines?
Most certainly, and I don't have to follow articles on Mercola to come to that conclusion.

Tell me whats worse the common flu or prolonged siezures and brain damage of your young child?

Look up FLUVAX, read news and other articles (good one in 'The Conversation') - spend as much time as you did scrutinising Mercola's site and then tell me that what you just read gives you 100% reassurance in the safety and effectiveness of vaccines.

You can't can you?
Back to the drawing board...

At some level, the vaccine industry is 'deceitful marketing bs' and includes the very same complaints you made about Mercola's website.

I'd rather have my kid die from whatever condition it was, than have both our lives destroyed, and the heartbreak of watching a mentally retarded child struggle with their life, whilst blaming myself for believing the 'safe and effective' lie, over a stupid flu vaccine.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 14 August 2017 9:39:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I just hope the multi billion dollar vaccine mob are not as dishonest as the so called climate 'scientist' who fudge figures, make idiotic predictions and line their pockets. Certainly the flu shot seems to be a total con.
Posted by runner, Monday, 14 August 2017 10:07:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks, Amanda Midlam. We need more articles like this on OLO. The anti-vax movement may not be growing, but it is very loud and it is very dangerous.

Mercola is a dangerous quack, dishing out poor advice to millions of people. It never ceases to amuse me how all these peddlers of pseudoscience, who talk incessantly about the greed of so-called “Big Pharma”, all have their own online store of “miracle cures”. It seems the scepticism of conspiracy theorists is quite selective.

Speaking of which, why am I not surprised that Armchair Critic and runner are the first one’s in to question the science?

--

runner,

Do you have any evidence for the flu vaccine being a “total con”?
Posted by AJ Philips, Monday, 14 August 2017 10:14:32 AM
'runner,

Do you have any evidence for the flu vaccine being a “total con

AJ since when were you ever interested in evidence? You still can't give any for the big bang myth. You also totally ignore all medical research showing how unhealthy sodomy is. And you clain to be rational? Give me a break.
Posted by runner, Monday, 14 August 2017 10:18:21 AM
To summarise the article's intent: "Hitler was a vegetarian - kill the vegetarians!"

Hitler was at least famous, whereas I've never heard before about this Dr. Mercola (perhaps the author and it's friends invented them for this purpose?).
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 14 August 2017 10:36:15 AM
Runner,

So in other words, you don’t have any evidence.

<<... since when were you ever interested in evidence?>>

Why am I not surprised?

<<You still can't give any for the big bang myth.>>

Oh, I’ve noted it many times. True to form, however, you just keep claiming that I haven’t.

<<You also totally ignore all medical research showing how unhealthy sodomy is.>>

Do I? What exactly did I say?

*Crickets chirping*

--

Yuyutsu,

I read the article again and still couldn’t see how you determined this:

<<To summarise the article's intent: "Hitler was a vegetarian - kill the vegetarians!">>

Why am I not surprised that you are disparaging of an article that stands up for science?

<<Hitler was at least famous, whereas I've never heard before about this Dr. Mercola (perhaps the author and it's friends invented them for this purpose?).>>

Or, you know, perhaps you could just Google him?

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal
Posted by AJ Philips, Monday, 14 August 2017 11:08:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy