The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Many Queenslanders believe Adani mine does pass muster > Comments

Many Queenslanders believe Adani mine does pass muster : Comments

By Gary Johns, published 11/8/2017

Broadcaster Alan Jones is a climate sceptic who campaigns against renewables, drilling gas and digging coal. Which makes it pretty hard to live.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Alan Jones doesn't run he country, and he should give consideration to retirement. There are plenty of younger, more agile conservatives out there to pick up the banner. I saw him with Mark Latham the other night and, frankly, he appeared to be 'out of it'. Of course, living West of the Great Dividing Range, I don't understand the mindset of east-coast commentators and the people who pay them.

No matter what squawking and squealing we hear from farmers and “pimply faced youths”, Adani is a good thing. The thing that would make it better is for it to be a purely Australian enterprise. It is our country and our coal!

India and China make Australia look like a hick country. They will buy, mine and use coal in the interests of their economic welfare; we believe in fairies, and go with windmills and shiny glass things on roofs, and quietly go broke.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 August 2017 10:36:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What Rubbish ttbn,why are we taxpayers subsiding an Indian Billionaire for a mine that that will more damage to the environment & Climate
We dont need it in spite of the Neo Conservative Johns belief we do I am Curious about something when will Herr Johns be joining either Hanson's Ponzi Party or Bernardis Christian Conservative Racist/Fascist party.
They we can have a Government of Christian Ayatollahs wont that be fun,back to 1952
Posted by John Ryan, Friday, 11 August 2017 12:04:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Burning coal is what powered steam engines in the 17th century.. it's now the 21st century. The carbon in bituminous coal combines with heavier oxygen atoms in the air to produce about 2.4 tonnes of CO2 for every tonne of coal, along with particulates, tars and sulphur compounds. Time to give it a miss.

There's also the hypocrisy of wanting the world to cut back on CO2 to help restore the Great Barrier Reef to health. And the small problem of our PM telling the Paris climate conference in 2015 we'd cut emissions at least 26% by 2030. Instead of shrinking our emissions are actually increasing so we're going backwards. Therefore there should be no new coal mines and existing mines should be steadily phased out.
Posted by Taswegian, Friday, 11 August 2017 2:59:14 PM
Ryan,

What is rubbish is your written expression!
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 August 2017 3:31:56 PM
'India and China make Australia look like a hick country.'......hellooo, anybody there?
If it looks like a duck...walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....chances are it's a duck.
Now...you don't want to be a duck?...do something about it because quacking alone ain't gonna do it!

'Many Queenslanders believe Adani mine does pass muster'
So which has the greater attraction?...the promise of riches or poverty?...so is it any wonder?
Posted by ilmessaggio, Saturday, 12 August 2017 9:53:57 AM
For regional Queensland, this mine means thousands of well-paid jobs in the regional community, and for the state and country $bns of tax revenue.

However, the Greens oppose any business other than renewable energy and basket weaving, and the ALP simply opposes anything the coalition supports.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 14 August 2017 8:41:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy