The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > School children have a right to discuss their religious beliefs > Comments

School children have a right to discuss their religious beliefs : Comments

By Bill O'Chee, published 3/8/2017

In one document, the Department banned discussing Nelson Mandela's belief in forgiveness because using the words 'blacks' and 'whites' might 'draw unwanted attention to students within the class'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All
anyone who can't see that the atheist religion and creed has led to total dsyfunction and perversion is not interested in truth or science.
Posted by runner, Friday, 4 August 2017 12:31:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
what is an atheist religion?
To my mind society lost any and all social cohesion when respect was removed in favour of zero responsibility so let's not start with lack of religion being the cause.
Children have a right to ask questions period! Where they ask them is a matter of judgment
Posted by ilmessaggio, Friday, 4 August 2017 1:17:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Ilmessaggio,

«what is an atheist religion?»

I also considered replying to Runner about this, but having thought twice and thrice, I hesitated:

Is atheism a religion?

At first I thought that Runner is mistaken and wanted to correct him: how can atheism lead to God? For if it doesn't lead to God then it is indeed a creed, but not a religion. But having thought further, I could not discard the possibility that there are some people around whose atheism does lead them to God.

Say an atheist constantly repeats the mantra: "God does not exist" with full concentration and dedication, then they end up thinking about God all the time and if they do so even at their point of death, surely they will attain salvation!

So while atheism in general may not be a religion, there could be some people for whom it is, so I left it at that.

«To my mind society lost any and all social cohesion when respect was removed in favour of zero responsibility»

Nice observation, but was it genuine respect - or was it fear, which held society together? If foundation is corrupt, then it better be removed so it can be replaced by a stronger foundation.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 4 August 2017 2:57:27 PM
Mr. runner (around in circles again)
There is no dysfunction caused by atheism.
Only dysfunction caused by religious stupidity.
Keep this dysfunction out of our schools.
Posted by TheAtheist, Friday, 4 August 2017 3:57:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Atheist,

"Dysfunction" is always relative to the functionality that you try to achieve. A fork for example, would be dysfunctional when attempting to open an electric device, where a screwdriver would suit better.

Religion is for achieving a specific function (reaching God) while your type of school is meant for achieving a different function (worldly/economic success*). I therefore agree with you that it would be stupid to try and use religion for worldly success.

So each to their own and let schools be separated according to the different priorities of different families.

---
[*] Currently, state schools fail to achieve the objective of helping their students to worldly/economic success: rather they are being used mainly for national and/or politically-correct indoctrination. That however, takes us away from the topic at hand.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 4 August 2017 4:30:04 PM
' There is no dysfunction caused by atheism.'

you are right Mr Atheist youth suicide, pregnancy, abortion, perversion. science lies, gw fantasy are now ' normal' for many schools based on atheism.
Posted by runner, Friday, 4 August 2017 5:05:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy