The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Forced AFL resignations were a holier-than-thou and sexist over-reaction > Comments

Forced AFL resignations were a holier-than-thou and sexist over-reaction : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 18/7/2017

Alternatively, are we just seeing a return to some form of old-fashioned (Victorian?) morality that severely censures sexual indiscretions.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
While the moral code and hedonistic behavior of the men and women in this as old as time saga, was and remains deplorable! Hardly a hanging offense, given in was entirely consensual?

Behind closed doors counseling should have been sufficient and spared the relevant "innocent" families, the glare of unwanted public infamy!

Find myself largely forced to agree with the author!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 18 July 2017 9:03:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This whole sorry affair is nothing more than a ridiculous beat-up by news media desperate to publish anything to do with all-important "footy"

This was not a sleazy boss groping a teenage newbie; the individuals involved were all adults and all were old enough to know what they were doing. Had they been working in an Accountancy firm or a panel-beating shop no-one would have given two hoots about what they got up to but because it is the AFL it is front page news.

About time we all took a few deep breaths and moved on.
Posted by madmick, Tuesday, 18 July 2017 10:06:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For a business that employs a more than average number of thugs in it's form of entertainment, this is a bit rich.

I had to wonder that if there are a large number of these dreadful married men having affairs, aren't there a similar number of women having affairs with married men? Is this somehow different?

Of course it could be that a small number of very busy ladies are having a lot of affairs with married men, but then we have a different name for that, & the ladies involved.

I assume there was a quite large golden handshake involved here. If not I can see a couple of law suits for restriction of trade will be the next headline.

I don't know much about AFL, the only thing that can get me reaching for my remote more quickly if it appears on my TV is mention of "Diana", but they sure take themselves seriously don't they.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 18 July 2017 10:08:58 AM
Being lazy I'll just paste my (unpublished) letter on the topic expressing much the same sentiment: "After reading the Weekend Australian I have come to the view that the only appropriate, not to mention safe, workplace relationship these days is between two virgins of the same, or similar, gender."
Posted by Tombee, Tuesday, 18 July 2017 1:50:00 PM
The new morality has now considered the church as dead. Further down the cherry tree are elite sports such as AFL.
Victims abound behind every goal post.

We, all of us, are aware the forces of secular fundamentalism are holed-up in educational institutions. Homosexuals and feminist radicals need to be taken down; defunding these non productive institutions with public funds is a crime against a stable society!

Defunding these is where the counter attack should focus!

Governments should stop wasting tax payers funds which are supporting the new secular morality.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 18 July 2017 2:36:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy