The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Terrorism: is London Bridge falling down? > Comments

Terrorism: is London Bridge falling down? : Comments

By Andrew MacLeod, published 8/6/2017

I know terrorism well. I have seen its impacts and consequences. I have felt the shock waves of its bombs.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
While I mostly agree with these sentiments, I can't help but compare ISIS and their intensely evil ilk, with a runaway and out of control, wildfire. Or like a mindless beast attacking itself during its final death throes!?

Simply put, this wildfire cannot be extinguished by throwing petrol onto the flames! And exactly what we do consciously or unconsciously, when we deliberately or not, entrench disadvantage, despair and inequity?

And there for all including blind freddy to see, as unaffordable energy/housing etc/etc/etc!

Compounded by comprehensive, everywhere you look, injustice, slave wages, marked for even blind freddy to see, as generational postcode poverty traps, where third world living/education/health care standards are the order of the day!

And that's just the tip of a growing iceberg, as impoverished millions are displaced by drought and consequent advancing desertification/conflict!

And further compounded as fuel on the flames, by recruitable hordes of post graduates lining up in dole or soup kitchen queues?

We desperately need to win hearts and minds; and this on the ground, created reality isn't it! Just the very opposite!

Attack it as often as you like with whatever means at our disposal, but as long as social injustice and inequity remain as soluble, but unaddressed problems, none of this stuff is going away! Just underground, if we have, so called bombed into submission success!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 8 June 2017 11:26:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
' 1. Make life worth living for the people who may be tempted to 'take a short-cut to god'. This is hard and takes a long-term focus on economic growth, inclusiveness and extremely careful public dialogue.'

like the doctors trained in America only to fly planes into the twin towers. This guy shows exactly why the ignorant secularist who ignore history and truth in order to fit their narrative. No wonder he got a run on Q&A.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 8 June 2017 11:41:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't know if poverty (or otherwise) comes into it.

I think its mainly alienation, via self imposed isolation, of some Muslim males.

Isolation from society they victimise,

The society, our society, has given them a better life, than is possible in the vicious Middle East that they cherish through ignorance.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 9 June 2017 12:33:41 AM
I real felt pity for those people out there that are victims of the London attack and i wish they recovers soon...
Posted by rollyczar, Friday, 9 June 2017 1:50:31 AM
This article states
<When an attack happens, our community is tempted to forget steps one and two;
the need to reach out, economically empower and educate vulnerable people with inclusive language.>

.Economically empower and educate people.?
Educating people doesn't work, Muslims choose to send their children to Muslim
Schools so obviouly we can't educate them in our schools.

.Economically empower them?
Some of the terrorists in Australia, have come from wealthy families and have
been well educated to achieve a good standard of living, but they choose to join Isis instead.
These arguments have been put forward for years and they obviously haven't worked.
Incidentally, the IRA never stopped their guerilla warfare until they were given
6 seats. in the then Irish parliament. They always wanted control of Ireland, An Irish Republic.
Meaning a country run by the Irish not Britain
These terrorist attacks in London are actually guerilla warfare too
Posted by CHERFUL, Tuesday, 13 June 2017 5:15:50 PM
Alan B
I think the Muslim countries, themselves, are responsible for, entrenching,
Despair, disadvantage and inequity.

Then Europe is left to try and deal with it.
The words, religious induced overpopulation springs to mind.
Plus the rape cultures in some of these males dominated countries, like Africa,India
and also the Muslim countries.

7billion people on earth and once again they blame Europe for their poverty
and expect to push into well run sensible,European countries.
Posted by CHERFUL, Tuesday, 13 June 2017 5:28:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy