The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Truth: the first casualty > Comments

Truth: the first casualty : Comments

By Paul Russell, published 19/5/2017

The use of euphemism or obscure terminology in issues involving life and death should always alert us to an effort to hide the truth.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I should just like to die at the time of my own choosing assisted, or not. Preferably the former as in the case of the latter it might be messy. It's my life, why should I not be allowed that right because I consider it to BE a right ?

Insurance considerations are another matter and do complicate the situation, but it's not beyond the medical profession or insurance company's wit to create a legal document to indemnify certain eventualities or participants that might benefit recipients. As is the present case that normally precludes any payout on a policy taken out within 2 years of a suicide
Posted by snake, Friday, 19 May 2017 11:21:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We already have assisted dying, but seemingly reserved for a privileged few, and manifesting as agreed palliative care and a painless end!

Here the aged face myriad barriers, including often entirely indifferent beneficiaries, who just want them gone, like a dog past its use by date or just inconvenient and needing to be put down?

Moreover, come up against stranger's value judgments, who believe that such lives are just not worth living, hopeless, or just cost the rest of the community too much?

Furthermore, these tightwads are often occupying large residences that would serve other families needing an inner suburban home.

And even more so if your are a single again bachelor, with an estranged family and inlaws only focusing on the value to them of their equity, in earned and paid for real estate of an elderly rally?

Like that of war veteran, former POW, and Toowoomba resident, M.D. William Riddle, who was almost "forcibly" removed from a hospital bed, to a distant nursing home, "that had a nice duckpond Bill", as his eventual reward for serving country and community, when he just wanted to be allowed to return home, where he risked falling? Maybe? And where he'd have cost less to adequately service, with in home care!

Yes terminal illnesses like brain cancer can evoke all manner of emotive responsive in rallies and others who just want this over, even as essential funding for a possible cure is denied by the establishment, oft times with an another agenda.

There are times when bucking populism may be politically costly, but moral and the right thing to do. But how often is morality allowed along with conscience allowed to figure in politics these days, when tax reductions excetera etc, is where the votes lay?

It's passing strange how difficult these folk have made owning a firearm, least one uses it to commit suicide, but nonetheless want to legislate to require Medicos to do it, as alleged assisted dying? Is it really about alleged choice, and self determination?

To quote Robbie Burns, I hae me doots!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 19 May 2017 1:23:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
thanks Paul. You only need to see those who claim to be progressive. The truth is they are very regressive often back to the days of sodom and gomorrah. Changing the plain meaning of words and repeating lies and slogans until the dumbed down accept it as ' truth' has been a tactic for a long time.
Posted by runner, Friday, 19 May 2017 4:13:01 PM
What I choose to do with my own life has not a single damn thing to do with you Paul, & I will thank you & your interfering organisation to get the hell out of my & others lives.

You could go take a running jump off the gap & commit an unassisted death any time you like. If however you need help with it, please call. I will be only too pleased to assist. The world will be a much better place for your passing on, & the passing of the rest of your organisation.

Mind your own damn business.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 19 May 2017 5:05:18 PM
Good speak snake. I think you given out a good impression and i think that should be our right as well.
Posted by rollyczar, Saturday, 20 May 2017 3:52:23 AM
Alan B

The reason Drs have to be involved in "assisted dying" is because no
non medical individual is allowed access to the humane drugs to die with.

I have always said I don't need any Drs to assist me to die.they just need to
allow me access to the right drug. I'm quite capable of taking it myself.

However if society is going to require safeguards and legalities, then Drs. will
have to be involved to fill out the legal paperwork.

Why should anyone have to blow their brains out, and have some poor peron find
the whole devasting horror scene.
The drug simply puts you to sleep and you die peacefully in seconds.

Palliative care drugs are increased to higher and higher levels, and they kill people every day. It's just not talked about. It's been happening for decades.
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 22 May 2017 9:55:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy