The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Speak English youse bastards > Comments

Speak English youse bastards : Comments

By John Tomlinson, published 27/4/2017

We have many platitudes to disguise the fact that this country was seized from the original owners at gun point.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

Dear John,

I see you shoot from the hip ... and there are an awful lot of holes in the target !

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Thursday, 27 April 2017 8:59:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will keep my Australian values thank you and you can keep your biased nonsense you would call your values.

The idea that indigenous nomads "owned" the huge land areas they roamed over, raped and burnt for a few days food is nonsense.

You own only what you and your forebears worked for and acquired by hard work and self control.

I refuse to be ashamed of the fact that I came for a group of people had the intelligence and drive to tap into the huge energy source of fossil fuels. If they had not done so 90 % of the world's population would not exist today for, without the huge increase in human productivity they created, there would not exist the means to produce transport and distribute the food and shelter needed for the survival of that 90%.
Posted by Old Man, Thursday, 27 April 2017 9:13:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
as long as they are not calling out 'allah akbar' in any language I don't care what they speak.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 27 April 2017 9:21:19 AM
I should add that immigrants should also be treated equal under the law. Not like the Afghan teenager who assualted 8 women on the beach but was let off by the judge because of 'cultural' sensitivities. If was my grand daugter or daughter my Christian sensitivities would be severly tested.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/35171584/teenager-avoids-jail-for-sex-attacks-due-to-cultural-differences/#page1
Posted by runner, Thursday, 27 April 2017 9:26:24 AM
Well, at least we have free speech which allows people like you to vent their spleen in totally useless fashion like you have done.

What are your values may we ask?
Posted by phanto, Thursday, 27 April 2017 10:21:14 AM
runner if you take out the "s" in https it will work properly

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/35171584/teenager-avoids-jail-for-sex-attacks-due-to-cultural-differences/#page1
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 27 April 2017 10:46:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy