The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The problems of child abuse and what the Purple Ribbon campaign can do > Comments

The problems of child abuse and what the Purple Ribbon campaign can do : Comments

By Jan Watson, published 15/4/2002

Jan Watson describes the Purple Ribbon Campaign, a community program aiming to encourage Australians to speak out against child abuse

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Hats off to Jan Watson for her initiative and drive in the Purple Ribbon Campaign.
As a community worker(and community member),I come across many children and adults who are victims of incest and abuse. The aftermath is so devastating physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually that many take years (if ever) to recover.
I have a friend with Borderline Personality Disorder and life is hell for not only her, but also her family and friends. The devastation impacts all of her relationships, her ability to function as a 'normal' productive human being and has created 'fall out' mental health and separation problems with her child.
Who are the Purple Ribbon Campaign people in Queensland?, as I'd proudly wear a ribbon next July to help make more people aware of the insidious and extremely selfish act of incest and abuse.
What is it going to take to stop such disgusting acts of debasement in this so called free nation??
Posted by She, Tuesday, 16 August 2005 8:44:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy