The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Values crucial to Hanson's vote > Comments

Values crucial to Hanson's vote : Comments

By Gary Johns, published 2/3/2017

According to Malcolm Roberts, Pauline Hanson's One Nation senator for Queensland, there are Muslim members of One Nation and there are surgeons and barristers who are members of One Nation.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Why the surprise? Only the ignorant and naïve believe that 'class' and 'education' has an influence on an individual's support for this or that political party. I regard myself as much more learned that Pauline Hanson, but I like what she says, no matter how she says it; and I generally scorn female politicians, so she certainly has something going for her.

Pauline will need to carefully watch the Muslim members, if they really exist, because of taqiyya. The Greens will have to do the same: over centuries, Muslims invaded countries, and eventually reduced the majority to a pathetic minority. Political parties would be a pushover for them.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 2 March 2017 9:22:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Values? Like say ending welfare for the rich, the very worst kind of welfare bludging! And ought to start by ending the taxpayer funded rort of negative geared residential real estate, on the grounds its not a bona fide commercial risk of business capital.

Nor is capital gains, excused from some safe as houses residential investments.

Pauline, as a single mum fish and chip proprietor who actually earned her money, is like as not offended by extremely well paid fat cats like say, a pious perpetually pontificating Church going Mr Andrews, with his dead soulless eyes, getting negative gearing benefits from somewhere around 123 houses?

Me I'd be more that happy with around 8 positively geared houses and more than happy with the income I'd earn from that without asking any Aussie taxpayer to help pay off my investment.

I mean 10% down on a million dollars worth of investments, and then the tenants and taxpayer pays everything else, all while property appriciates through an allegorical roof!

I think the Lady is fair dinkum And for Australia and Australians first, foremost and forever!

And even though I might not agree with the sum total of her policies, prepared to give her a fair go!

Because she is one of us/a handful who are genuine and for ordinary Australians! As opposed to multi nationals or foreigners with very deep pockets!

The major parties have had endless opportunities, with an elitist Labor a standout as effectively divorcing itself from its core constituency!

And the coalition seems not too far behind, brown nosing big money, most of it foreign?

Values Gary? What values would they be? Bank balance values perhaps?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 2 March 2017 10:27:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's time
Posted by jamo, Thursday, 2 March 2017 10:54:49 AM
Does she know her Latin verbs? ...no?
Then she's in!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 2 March 2017 11:57:45 AM
"the needs of the voters and the needs of the nation. Of course the two are not the same."

The people are the nation, the people are the voters.
They are the same.

It's the international leftists who propose "Australia" is a blank slate, a vacuum up for grabs by anyone born anywhere.

That's the only way the needs of the "nation" could differ from the people/voters.
Posted by Shockadelic, Thursday, 2 March 2017 2:50:32 PM
Sorry Pauline, you had my vote right up until you announced you were jumping into bed with Tony Abbott & Co.
Running under what you stood for, espoused and had fought for, would have quite likely seen you garner more votes/support per se.

This would have given the 3 Stooges aka: LNP/ALP/Greens a bigger fright.

Still, whatever it is you hope to achieve by preferencing with LNP & you have your reasons, these no doubt will become clearer as time passes. I suspect though it will be a wake up call for the 2 party abused system we have had for far too long now.
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Thursday, 2 March 2017 4:05:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy