The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > More nonsense from the panel that will design Daniel Andrews' death law > Comments

More nonsense from the panel that will design Daniel Andrews' death law : Comments

By Paul Russell, published 22/2/2017

If the NT experience is properly understood, it tells us that no amount of safeguards will ever make any law safe from abuse.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
It's the Catholics again, telling us all how to live and how to die. Let Paul and his ilk suffer to the bitter end because only God has the right to take life. But for the rest us, when our time on earth has come,allow us a humane drug that lets us peacefully go to sleep and not wake up. Whether it be gay marriage, abortion, birth control or euthanasia,Paul must accept that his belief system is good for the followers of his faith but should not be enforced on his fellow Australians.
Posted by estelles, Wednesday, 22 February 2017 8:43:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for a good article Paul. Put simply, euthanasia is bad law, where the rights of some individuals are raised above the rights of others (the vulnerable) and above the good of society. The State got out of the business of authorising the killing of criminals because of the possibility of mistakes being made. Mistakes will be made in the state-sanctioned killing of the sick too, and for the same reason, it should be prohibited. The so-called safeguards for euthanasia are not working anywhere in the world and they would not work here either. Euthanasia is bad law and bad (lethal) consequences will follow.
Posted by DebComments, Wednesday, 22 February 2017 9:44:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The only folk trying to force their opinion on others, is the euthanasia lobby! Simply put, euthanasia is a daily event in almost any large Australian hospital!

It's errant nonsense to claim folks are allowed to suffer! Moreover, the over judicious use of very powerful pain relief, all too often defeats its purpose by inducing medically acquired desentization.

That said there's a pill that alleviates all suffering and ends all pain permanently, with little chance of acquired desentization!

It's made of lead, weighs what? 14 grains and come in .22 calbre package. The injection is so rapid, there's no possibly of pain or a long drawn out death, particularly if injected directly into the cerebellum.

However, the mentally deranged may experience difficulty obtaining requisite licence? Even so, nobody is forced to live against their will here, as claimed by the diabolically disingenuous doctor death lobby!

Jumping off a very tall building is equally effective, moreover it's not the fall that hurts but the sudden stop at the bottom. An investigative reporter, reportedly, wanted to confirm that theory, so as he swan dived off the Empire State, was heard to report as he passed each successive floor, so far so good.

All levity aside, there's a disturbed element here, and to them I say, anyone who thinks they need a physiatrist, ought to have their head examined.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 22 February 2017 12:12:23 PM
I never authorised the state to "protect" me.

While I do not wish to be murdered, this could happen and if it does, then I accept it as paying off my karma and do not wish to create any new karma for myself as a result of making my murderer prosecuted and suffer in jail "on my behalf" (and the tax-payer too, for having to finance their stay there).

The author does not follow the spirit of the teachings of Saint Jesus Christ and as per the first comment, brings religion to disrepute.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 22 February 2017 1:08:44 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-22/report-suppressed-by-catholic-church-tabled-at-royal-commission/8294324

Paul needs to focus on his cults real actions.
Posted by cornonacob, Wednesday, 22 February 2017 7:30:10 PM
The subject of euthanasia is irrelevant to reality.
Alan B ....too many failures from your approach. The recent world first successful face transplant is one such example!
It's natures design to fear death, the strength of religions world wide vouch for that!
But nature is kind, and implants the ability to cope at the end. Irrespective of what death appears to be from the outside!
Pleasant? Never!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 23 February 2017 5:34:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy