The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Undersold selling > Comments

Undersold selling : Comments

By Ian Nance, published 18/1/2017

In typical Aussie style they take the piss out of just about everyone and every social custom, yet blend it within a culture of unity and acceptance.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
It doesn't take much to amuse you does it Ian? I would prefer that the meat industry did something to reduce the cost of its product than increasing the cost by coming up with with unealistic rubbish just to entertain you.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 18 January 2017 9:54:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well for those opposed to multiculturalism with its many "masking" functions, the whole thing left me feeling pretty flat; then wondered about another approach to beach landings from our history pages, ANZAC.

I wondered then, how the Turks would theme a beach landing lamb advertisement. Less friendly I guess!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 18 January 2017 10:03:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought the ad was extremely well done, tongue in cheek, piss taking? And typical irreverent Aussie laid back, don't take yourself too seriously, humour!

I just hope it doesn't lead to an invasion of very well suntanned folk paddling dugout canoes, demanding, we throw another shrimp on the barby or they'll scone us with a two ton bunya (die with dignity, pile driver) nulla nulla pine cone?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 18 January 2017 11:47:55 AM
Fake virtue-signalling from the lemon-sucking hypocrites - talking in English.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Wednesday, 18 January 2017 1:25:18 PM
JKJ
Nomenclature of Australian culture in abstract art form, your quote, per chance?
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 18 January 2017 1:40:41 PM
Yes, I could just envisage the first wave of ANZAC's. In a well sheltered part of Suvla Bay - Lee Enfield's at the 'high port' with bayonets fixed and some lamb freshly minced with a Vickers MG sizzling over a small fire with J K J's special acerbic "lemon sauce" to squeeze over the rosemary and cordite flavoured side dishes.

A captured Turkish soldier to the rear of screen asking: "Got a coupla dollars cuz..? Me mums in hospital and I need the bus fare."

We've said "sorry" ...so FFS can we get over it & move on ?
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Wednesday, 18 January 2017 5:32:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy