The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Politics is still a man’s game > Comments

Politics is still a man’s game : Comments

By Jo Coghlan and Angelika Heurich, published 17/1/2017

In 2016, the US presidential election and Australian federal election confirmed it was not the year for political women.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Ho hum, more bigotted sexist hypocritical hate-speech from the feminists.

I challenge anyone to defend any tenet of feminist ideology, and I undertake to prove their self-contradiction in two steps. Go ahead. Accept my challenge.

Without even waiting for you, let's start with "the personal is political".

So everything is political, and no-one has a right to personal freedom but what the government arbitrarily decides they can have? This will be backed up by government's claim of a legal monopoly of force and threats, including tasers, handcuffs, prison, rape and bashings. This is justified to enforce the feminist agenda, yes? That's what you're saying isn't it, Jo and Angelika?

So, in principle, you can't see any objection to repealing the law against rape, because "equal opportunity"? Equal opportunity is such a high moral principle that it justifies the threat, and fact, of prison and rape to enforce it, to override a person's freedom to choose whether to dissociate from another person?

Yes? No? Double standard on your part? Which?

And you forgot the other mantra of feminists when confronted over their sexist bigtory: "equal doesn't mean the same".

So which is it? Does equal mean the same? Or not? Answer?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Tuesday, 17 January 2017 1:12:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jo and Angelika

Also, could you please help? I am having an argument with a friend of mine who maintains that under your ostentatious but fake virtue-signalling, you are really hypocrites and parasites; while I am strenuously maintaining the contrary.

So I need you to post evidence of all your political activism to end the gender:
1. work-deaths gap
2. tax gap, and
3. reproductive rights gap.

Go ahead.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Tuesday, 17 January 2017 2:04:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Jo and Agelika you got some explaining to dooooo!
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 17 January 2017 4:38:55 PM
Female politicians have symbolic 'identity' value only, by improving the visibility of women in public life. But female politicians have rarely ever sought to improve the lives of women in any feminist sense. If they ever did, they know their careers would be over.
Posted by Killarney, Tuesday, 17 January 2017 9:16:16 PM
Just another pile of crap to add to the fake news dung-pile.
I think I may have learned something though.

I think the reason why few women want to get involved in politics and why a lot do get involved in feminism, is basically the same reason why you both wrote this article and also why neither of you is in politics.

Its because women would usually rather whinge about everything than actually do something about it.

I'm glad though because I think you'd probably be terrible politicians anyway, if this deceitful article is anything to go by.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 18 January 2017 12:46:49 AM
Other symbolic female identities include the current and former British P.M's. The former relatively recent Democrat Speaker of Congress, a former Pakistan P.M., A former Indian P.M., A former Israeli P.M. and a former Irish President, several state Governors and a recently replaced Governor General!

And symbolic to the last man, oops Lady? A relatively powerless Lady Thatcher achieved little; and our own Julia Gillard is on the record with the most dismal, passed legislation record?

As always, an educated erudite Killarney is absolutely on the money; and as usual for her, supported by completely substantiated facts!

Oh and she speaks fluent Gaelic! Without question, an intellectual giant!

Anyone accusing her of owning her own facts is clearly talking through a hole in their face! Or should see a psychiatrist?

On second thoughts, anyone who thinks they need a psychiatrist, ought to have their head examined! Or seek a career in (the inmates in charge of the asylum) politics!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 18 January 2017 9:05:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy