The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cities of sickness: pollution, dementia and the modern condition > Comments

Cities of sickness: pollution, dementia and the modern condition : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 10/1/2017

Health becomes a casualty, giving medical researchers and doctors their cue to seek more grant money and study this grand narrative of self-inflicted human decline.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
What I've noticed, in terms of intellectual development is the broad damage done to it by incestuious behaviour of family groups: By the promotion of homosexuality as a desirable alternative to normal and natural interactions in society between its members.
And of course, politicians and their scamming, and of other phanomina such as 18c of the racial discrimination act. Re; above article.

There is actually less pollution in London than a hundred a fifty years ago. What I have observed towards promotion of madness, is society and its fixation on the "stupid".
People have the need to actually get a life for themselves that promotes their own wellbeing. That may be living under a gum tree in a tent for some.

As for the dangers of living on busy roads. Most of that particular real estate was sold to new immigrants as cheap and affordable. (I note the authors name).
There are a potential of 1.2 billion Chinamen who are more than willing to exchange a 30th floor apartment in Beiling for a three million dollar apartment overlooking the Cahill expressway in the Sydney CBD. I'd suggest the last concern on their mind is dementia.

The point? People living on busy polluted roads is not about to change
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 10 January 2017 9:04:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Excellent well researched article, only the brain dead could ignore!

Even so, some regional planners want to stack and pack people into smaller more polluted places? Why? Because for some folk, their only God is the mighty dollar?

So what if demented folk live longer and in high care ultra expensive nursing homes, force fed statins that further diminish their cognitive abilities, always providing it remains big pharma's most lucrative profit earner!?

As long as planners and politicians see people, merely as numbers serving a flawed economic paradigm as its slaves? None of this will, as D.D., has noticed, change?

However, if sanity ever prevails, the inmates returned to their dorms/sedated and folks with still normal functioning cerebral cortex's put back in charge of the asylum?

Maybe some rationality will return and the economy made to serve us, instead of the current imposed (look mum, tinned people) example? And ridiculous in a land as large as Australia!

When that day finally dawns, we will, find a way, to roll out rapid rail and fibre to the home High speed N.B.N! And decarb the economy!

And see current transport options replaced with fully electric examples that don't bring with them the plethora of examples outlined in the article!

Just don't hold your breath waiting for calloused indifference to disappear and for sanity to finally prevail!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 10 January 2017 10:00:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the main thing making people in cities sick mentally is foul secular dogmas. Meanwhile life expectancy has increased drastically in the last 50 years.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 10 January 2017 11:18:18 AM
I thought brain tumours from mobile phones and power lines was supposed to have wiped out our brains? Now I find the real danger is heavy traffic, in London. Oooookay! Although I'm sure there is some sort of statistical link, the author carefully avoids mentioning how significant it is, and how it stacks up against other brain killers - smoking, drugs, alcohol, unsafe sex and so on and on. Difficult to know what to make of it all..
Posted by curmudgeonathome, Tuesday, 10 January 2017 1:37:53 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not difficult at all to follow excellent well documented and peer reviewed research? And just no connection between those well documented studies and the possibility that the magnetic fields of mobile phones, particularly those welded to an ear, may cause brain tumors? Not even the most tenuous connection!

Furthermore, entirely irrelevant to the topic, which happens to be the well documented results of living beside highways, with smokey diesels pounding by day and night!

Hard to know what to make of this published and peer reviewed research? But particularly for the moribund or those accustomed to having others do their critical thinking for them?

Or failing that, tolerate the burning smell emanating from previously unused cerebral circuits?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 10 January 2017 2:38:57 PM
Alan B
As per some of our other encounters you completely misunderstood, or chose to misunderstand, what I wrote. I was not challenging the finding the author presents - go back and look at what I wrote - but asking him to place it in context. What does it mean? What are the risks compared to those other, well-documented risks? I note that you also don't seem to know the answers to these questions.

I haven't heard anyone talk about the link between mobile phones and tumours for many years despite the near universal use of such phones. I'm glad you're keeping that story alive. Makes me feel nostalgic.
Posted by curmudgeonathome, Tuesday, 10 January 2017 3:13:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy