The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The passing of a sharp tongue: the glorious hatchet of AA Gill > Comments

The passing of a sharp tongue: the glorious hatchet of AA Gill : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 15/12/2016

His writings did not so much get under the skin as tear strips off. With animal rights activists, he became a scented target. He shot a baboon as an exercise.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I'm sorry to speak ill of the dead, and wouldn't have but for this article! There is nothing praiseworthy about a sharp tongue sharp for sharpness sake?

Here we had an extremely autocratic pompous popinjay, with delusions of grandeur, who criticized everyone and everything, with nought a word of praise for his betters, given in his own fevered imagination, there weren't any?

I wish I could find some redeeming humanising characteristics to glorify this abusive hatchet man, but he doesn't seem to have any?

I myself have hunted, but out of necessity, to survive, or for food, or to reduce feral pests, like the imported feral deer that at one time decimated New Zealand's native forests! Or the rabbits which also all but destroyed our native pastures!

But to kill for the thrill, is symptomatic, in my view, of a barking mad psychopath?

Moreover, there is nothing to glorify in out and out bully boy abuse!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 15 December 2016 10:33:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I heartily agree with much of ALAN B's remarks herein. However I'd not seek to further amplify or expand my own sentiments in my support of Alan's. Only to say, this A.A. GILL character, needed (past tense) a thoroughly decent uppercut anytime he opened his cruel, hurtful mouth!
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 15 December 2016 11:49:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sometimes it takes the sharp barbs of someone like A.A.Gill to make people aware of their weaknesses. Gentler, kinder words don't always have the necessary effect.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 16 December 2016 10:20:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy