The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Are the Saudis about to reveal the best kept secret in oil? > Comments

Are the Saudis about to reveal the best kept secret in oil? : Comments

By Nicholas Cunningham, published 22/11/2016

But while everyone believes Saudi Arabia has some of the largest oil reserves in the world, perhaps rivaled only by Venezuela, there has been a lot of uncertainty and skepticism over exactly how much sits beneath the Saudi desert.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
No-one cares what the Wahhabist (Saudis) or the basket case Venezuelans (who way overplayed their hands) say; I'm only interested in the swing production of the West, Canadian tar sands, Oz gas, Texas finds and even the UK.

The basket cases have to extract, that is all they can do and further be price takers. No longer do they particularly matter.
Posted by McCackie, Tuesday, 22 November 2016 7:33:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Who Cares? Every boy and his dog knows! That these folk have created a confected scarcity! For the sole purpose of price gouging and avoiding normal capitalistic competition!

We also know about the 1.8 trillion barrel reserve in Edmonton And the economics of applying nuclear generated heat to make every drop available! Moreover, how to treat currently flared methane, so as to convert it into liquid methanol!

The new oxygen lithium battery, with the bugs eliminated, sure to give electric vehicles a vastly superior range to conventional petroleum powered variants!

Let these folk please themselves, or just pump their oil where the sun never shines, while we crack on with the alternatives, which include cheaper than coal thorium and converting seawater into diesel, jet fuel and methanol! Or start farming oil rich algae for the same purpose!

And in so doing create an endlessly sustainable, middleman/pickpocket free, absolute energy independence and for all time!

My very next car will be electric even if I have to repower my current ride with electric internals! We have workshops here that specialize in just that!

Which is more affordable than buying a new petrol powered car and on several counts!

And they can print any parts that become unavailable, and rust proof the body! And give me change from ten grand for an essentially brand new car! 140 klick range more than enough and gets me to and from a train station if I need to go further?

I refuse to continue to be a cash cow for absolutely hell bound massively immoral folks who care for nothing, including our economy or our national wellbeing, save their own gratification and massive competition free, unearned incomes! What comes next Nick, cornering the market in tinned air or tin ears? Take your pick Nick!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 22 November 2016 9:59:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How much flaring is still occurring, Alan B? I thought the large scale flaring had ceased due to the recent gas price boom.

And don't bother converting it into methanol - there's more of a demand for LNG.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 22 November 2016 9:39:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy