The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trouble everywhere: let's blame men > Comments

Trouble everywhere: let's blame men : Comments

By Peter West, published 16/11/2016

In a better world we'd all like to see men talk through their issues, and take stock of themselves and their health.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Hmmm, well its a bit unfair that men are paying 70% of revenue and only receive 30% of expenditure. If this was more 50/50 it would potentially help their outlook and self esteem.
Posted by progressive pat, Wednesday, 16 November 2016 8:55:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The article is incoherent nonsense and expressive of the author's prejudices. The author wrote, "Some feminists seem to bridle at the very idea of helping boys improve." The foregoing sentence is an example of the author's prejudice. Please name one feminist who bridles at the very idea of helping boys improve.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 16 November 2016 10:12:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Incoherent nonsense, eh? Why don't you get stuck into him properly and tell him what you really think?
Posted by Waverley, Wednesday, 16 November 2016 10:25:00 AM
Obviously you have never been to a primary school P&C meeting david f.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 16 November 2016 10:36:40 AM
Anything that DavidF doesn't understand is 'incoherent nonsense' - not his inability to inderstand.

I'm just glad that I am old enough not to give a continental what women or anyone else thinks of me.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 16 November 2016 11:08:37 AM
I think if you did a search on Feminist approaches to boys' education you would dig up a lot.

There is an article Westy ( I think?)
wrote some years back called "Why Governments Delayed" or some such. The journal is out of print but might be online, you never know your luck mate.
And yes boys' education has been the site of some very vicious fights among parents -and of course academics- I mean, what would you expect? They wouldn't agree that the sky is blue : )
Posted by Waverley, Wednesday, 16 November 2016 11:19:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy