The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Propositions, measures and the presidency: voting American style > Comments

Propositions, measures and the presidency: voting American style : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 9/11/2016

The sense of wishing to vote for neither candidate – Hillary Clinton for the Democrats or Donald Trump for the Republicans – has been thrown in along with partisan voices and furious promises.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A trump win will ensure a fortress America? More economic downturn? And a bombastic belligerent billionaire unable to deliver? And blaming everyone else/anyone else? Moreover, with that failure plunge America into a new depression?

Simply put, nobody can put back manual jobs lost to automation! Even so, the mood for change cannot be ignored and needs to concentrate the minds of the left side of politics, which here as well, seems to have deserted its core constituency! Which may follow America's lead and desert them!?

God help the world, with a sabre rattling climate change denialist and Putin admirer in the white house! Deliver or duck Donald!

Four years from now could get even more interesting for Mr trump and the republicans if all they manage is to exacerbate every problem currently confronting them?

And given possible control in both houses doable?

Even less revenue and more defense spending by design?

Hopefully, I'll be pushing up the daisies before Trump fronts the people again?

I can't even begin to imagine a Trump dominated world would be a happier place for anyone save the deluded? Who will be left to blame then?

Therefore, unable to blame anyone else for failure to launch, which won't prevent the elephant in the room from trying!? Which is my prediction!

That said I hoped for a Clinton win and worried if it was trumped! God help humanity!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 9 November 2016 4:35:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh the world is falling in. The regressives now wrong about Brexit, Hanson and Trump show exactly why they don't want the people to vote on immigration or ' gay' marriage. They convince themselves of majority support and then act bewildered when they lose. I am going to luv watching the luvvies on abc cry in their milk. So many bigots, racist and ignorant people. How smug they must feel and yet with all their tax payer funded propganda the masses have woken up albeit slowly. Hopefully Donald will put the gw charlatons on notice.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 9 November 2016 5:11:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank god for small mercies.

Trump will put a stop to the global warming scam, the waste of billions on windmills, doubtful research & the UNs use of the scam to grab for world government.

It will probably lead to a faster breakup of the EU, & a world less controlled by bureaucrats.

To be honest I have no idea if Trump will be a good president, but the mere fact that the establishment did not want him is a good sign, & the fact he is not a Clinton is a huge win for ordinary people.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 9 November 2016 6:00:29 PM
yeah the regressives are already throwing tantrums by rioting in America. They just can't accept the will of the people.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 9 November 2016 10:40:04 PM
Binoy Kampmark seems to have a problem with democracy. That is understandable, given that Binoy or his family probably hailed from some third world craphole where some comical "President-for Life" was the norm. He doesn't understand democracy or free speech because his own culture never had it.

The question begs, if you don't understand democracy or free speech, Binoy, what the hell are you doing in my country?
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 10 November 2016 2:37:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy