The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Beware antisemitism’s ‘third rail’ > Comments

Beware antisemitism’s ‘third rail’ : Comments

By Gary Gambill, published 27/10/2016

Make no mistake – we will all suffer if progressivism becomes Judenrein.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Gary
I take your point, though the blanket application of “judenrein” is not helpful for your cause; but you avoid a major issue: that it is not possible to criticize Israel’s policies without being abused as antisemitic.
Posted by Leslie, Thursday, 27 October 2016 11:43:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A person could fart, the breeze might take it across Israel's border, and this would be both antisemitism and a national security issue requiring military response.

You talk about militant anti-semitism but what does that mean to Australians?
Are their armed military groups in Australia killing innocent Jews?

Boycotts are either a peaceful form of protest, or an attempt to make economic war.
Either way Israel itself did this to Germany prior to WW2 so it's hypocritical.

The world doesn't have a problem ganging up and using banking as a weapon, placing sanctions on countries that don't support western imperialism and US hegemony so tell me how really is it any different?

It's ok to use money as a weapon, sometimes; all the time; or only when it suits Israel's interests but never when it doesn't?

A problem with Black Lives Matter?
Speak to George Soros.

If you argued 'liberal use of Holocaust inversion'; boycotts and blacklists underscore it isn’t aiming to persuade Israelis, I'd argue kicking in doors of Palestinian homes at 2am, bulldozing their homes and stealing their land isn't exactly aimed at persuasion either.

(Not that I support Islam, Hamas or their Muslim Brotherhood roots)

Whether Zionism or Islam I see it like this.
I don't wish to fight with my family at my dinner table over these issues dividing us.
I'd much rather the Zionists or the Muslims be fighting amongst themselves at their dinner tables.
No matter which belief system someone has, if it becomes a problem at my dinner table then I'm inclined to try to do something about it.
Therefore, the good Muslims and the bad Muslims need to figure their stuff out amongst themselves (accept the worlds criticisms) so that the rest of the world doesn't have to.
Likewise different aspects of Jewish / Zionist - good and bad need to figure their stuff out amongst themselves (accept the worlds criticisms) so that the rest of the world doesn't have to.

Calling names serve as a divisive strategy to deliberately prevent reconciliation between people with criticisms of one another and different views.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 27 October 2016 1:35:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I like that Armchair Critic!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 27 October 2016 4:20:13 PM
Armchair...the minders have to have a convenient, confected and concocted 'bogeyman' on hand as you say. This and a patsy to whip the mindless young canon fodder into believing that they are doing their patriotic duty by donning a uniform to go and "fight the enemy". Hitler was a breed apart, dangerous and needing to be stopped in 1939, Pol Pot, Idi Amin and several others since then as well.

I've posted his words before on OLO, but an old ex Marine Corps Major General by the name of Smedley Butler has it sussed way back in the Depression era. To quote him: "war is a racket"...purely and simply it is good business to sell war machinery.

Anti communism, anti antisemitism, anti Islamism...anti whatever-ism, it all means the same to Mr & Mrs Industrialist...$
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Thursday, 27 October 2016 5:08:52 PM
Yes the rise/resurgence of global anti-semitism is a terrible phenomenon with all of it being completely irrational. And it seems that nothing can be done about it.
It is a meme which has very deep roots in the Christian West. It even has its roots in the "New" Testament.
Why did/do "catholics" pray (prey) daily for the "conversion" of the Jews to the one true "catholic" faith/religion - thereby implying that the Jewish religion/faith is in error and seriously deficient and has been superseded by the new one true "catholic" faith/religion.

The book by Daniel Goldhagen The Devil That Never Dies The Rise and Threat of Global Antisemitism describes the situation.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Thursday, 27 October 2016 7:32:19 PM
Racism is a blight on the earth.

Supremacism claimed for a race - any race - in any part of the earth - is racism.

The part of Palestine carved out as a claimed "Jewish homeland", expanding its borders every day, is based on racial supremacism.

In Australia as in many other countries Jews live in total legal and constitutional equality with everyone else. Australia is their homeland.

Two states in postwar times have been notorious for legal and constitutional racial supremacism - Boer Apartheid South Africa and Israel. One has been dismantled, the other needs to be to restore peace and justice. Progressive, anti-racist movements worldwide are aware of this. None of these movements exclude anyone whatsoever on racial grounds. Racists may well self-exclude. Anti-racists will be as hostile to racist Israel as they were to racist Boer Apartheid South Africa, and for exactly the same reason. Any who allow themselves to become anti-Jewish are no longer anti-racist, though Zionist racists will try to hide their blatant racism by accusing anti-racists (who are consequently anti-Israel) of "Jew hatred".

Islam is not racist but like Roman Catholicism it expounds a religious supremacism, which as in the Church of Rome's brutal 17-century war against Christianity, is piling up a stream of murdered victims.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Tuesday, 1 November 2016 4:17:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy