The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > China and Australia: the whale and the tadpole > Comments

China and Australia: the whale and the tadpole : Comments

By Peter West, published 11/8/2016

Chinese social media begged 'Sun, don't cry', went mad over Horton's comments and bombarded his social media accounts with demands for an apology.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
Amongst white pseudo intellectuals in the west, it may be the present fashion to be completely non racist, and to treat nationalism with contempt. But this is a western fashion, not a Chinese one. The Chinese people as a whole are extremely racist and extremely nationalistic. Whenever they see or hear a western trendy mouthing off against their own race and culture, they probably nod politely, while wondering how anybody could be so stupid.

The Chinese are so racist they refuse to believe that the chinse evolved from black Africans. Chinese students are taught that the Chinese evolved in China separately from everybody else on the planet. They are unique. THAT is racism.

The richest people in the world are the Overseas Chinese who comprise around 60 million people. They are people gifted in wealth creation and they have one other enduring virtue. They are intensely nationalistic. Not to the countries in which they live in, but to China. The stupidity of allowing people to immigrate into a western country who's primary loyalties are to a religion or another nation is becoming manifest right now in Europe.

China is an emerging superpower that is now as dangerous as Imperial Germany, Nazi Germany, or Imperial Japan. It is now illegally claiming an entire ocean as it's own territory, something which no other nation has done in the history of the world. 60% of the US armed forces is being directed to Asia for the coming war. Pearl Harbour has not seen so many ships in port since WW2. A-10's are landing in Subic Bay. F-22's are landing in Japan. A Chinese fleet has sailed within US territorial waters in Alaska. China has declared Australia "an ideal target." Yet here we are, still allowing what is clearly an enemy country to buy up our real estate. A Chinese company has now bought Lindeman Island in the Great Barrier Reef. I wonder how long it will be before it is named by China as a part of China, and they start building a fighter and bomber airfield?
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 11 August 2016 9:07:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sell off Tasmania to the Chinese, as they suggested as a joke on Gruen Transfer. Nobody seems to care anyway.
Strange that I can't buy anything in Samoa- or Thailand- or Indonesia, unless under very strict conditions if at all.
Posted by Waverley, Thursday, 11 August 2016 9:36:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I burst out laughing when I heard those Chinese references to our barbarian past, that we were just a bunch of convicts on the edge of the civilized world. I'm quite proud of my convict past, with (so far) nine convict ancestors from all corners of the British Isles, almost invariably from rural areas, from hamlets and small villages which barely exist any more.

Obviously, they were casualties of the Industrial Revolution, moving each generation to larger centres and eventually to the cities where they had to thieve to survive. So I have much sympathy for Chinese peasants today having to leave their villages and find some sort of living in the cities, before they are sent off to the laogais and their factories.

Clearly, the current Chinese regime has no more sympathy for its poorest than the British government did back then, and is just as intent on looking after and enriching its own as the Brits were. But I'm proud of my convict ancestors, they helped to build this country and make its civilized ways - and sense of humour - and clean, sporting prowess - the envy of the world.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 11 August 2016 10:17:54 AM
LEGO, you make some truthful comments. Have to agree with you.

No matter what country or nation we are talking about, as long as Australia has that silly union jack in the corner of its flag, foreigners will perceive Australia as distinct part of the UK.
Changing the flag design has been debated and talked about in this country for many years already, but it still remands and embarrassment.
It portrays an image of an infantile country afraid to let go of mother's apron...
Countries like Canada and India still part of the British commonwealth, but have their own distinct flags. This may be a minor point but it is the internationally perceived image that a flag projects across the globe that is the issue here. Can we please do something constructive about this "dumb ass" flag!!

Another point that is disturbing and untrue about Australia's origins is the fact that it is not solely birthed from British convicts, there are free settlers or immigrants here that came out during the 19th century. My family records on both sides of the family have traceable records from 19th century free immigrants and no convict heritage that can be located today.
I'm sure a considerable amount of other 19th century originated Australian families can prove that also. But no, this is not mentioned is it? better to belittle Australia as 18 century originated UK prison dumb. This way any country, any where can put down Australia. Pity its only half the truth!
Time to see the light > http://waves.anmm.gov.au/Immigration-Stories/Immigration-history

Nationalism expressed as a type of blind faith is utterly dangerous, shame it's prevalent in China today.
Posted by Rojama, Thursday, 11 August 2016 12:24:39 PM
A typical reaction from China, a jingoistic, racist country that thinks it is superior to everyone else on Earth. Never mind that they regularly execute their own people and charge the family for the bullet.

Young Horton has more courage that all our politicians put together; those invertebrates who kow tow to the most vicious communist country in the world, and sell off huge lumps of their own country to China because its 'one party' dictatorship asks them to. Our dealings with China should be a source of shame to all Australians.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 11 August 2016 12:26:21 PM
A down to earth article...I find myself in agreence with ttbn on this subject!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 11 August 2016 12:54:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy