The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > More public spaces should block phone signals > Comments

More public spaces should block phone signals : Comments

By Mal Fletcher, published 5/8/2016

Not too long ago, 20 percent of British divorce cases were citing Facebook as a contributing factor in marriage breakdown.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Mal you need to come back to Australia mate, we have lots of areas that don't get mobile phone coverage.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Friday, 5 August 2016 9:32:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*Mal you need to come back to Australia mate, we have lots of areas that don't get mobile phone coverage.*

Including (astoundingly), swathes of North Sydney...
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 5 August 2016 9:53:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Block phone signals? why would we want to do that? So that we can't eavesdrop at will on the miscreants in our midst? Make public space a safe place for extremists to exchange intell or instructions?

Having said that, let me say this. I pay top dollar for my mobile service, have difficulty receiving inbound calls and seem to have my former internet and email service blocked?

So, I'm not in favor of more blocking or the blackmailed commercial results it tries to engender, with the mobile I'm using at this very minute, displaying a no wi fi excuse it reports, as the reason for the blockage or withdrawn former service!?

Strangely, none of the service fees for this very service have ever been withdrawn or withheld or BLOCKED! Could it be that what is meant in the philippines by the term, a medical priority service? Onya outsourcing, maximised profit before people, Telstra and tax paying Google!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 5 August 2016 12:09:29 PM
Correction and apologies.
The mobile I'm using at this minute should be read as the laptop I'm using.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 5 August 2016 12:14:03 PM
Further correction and more apologies. The corrected messaged should read as originally stated and underlined by the fact that I'm penning this lines on a wi fi connected laptop!

The very wi fi that the mobile claims as not to exist! But might exist for a suitable fee that allows a philippines based technician? To rumble through my data, to find the problem!?

They don't need to rumble through my data to do that, just remove the program they placed there, that is blocking my paid for former access!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 5 August 2016 12:27:32 PM
A test for the suitability of american software such as Facebook:

If it can't be used as toilet paper, don't bother using it.
Posted by interactive, Friday, 5 August 2016 4:39:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy