The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Moving beyond the Quartet > Comments

Moving beyond the Quartet : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 8/7/2016

No unilateral action should be taken by either side – for example, the annexation of more territories by Israel, or new attempts by the Palestinians to 'internationalize' the resolution of the conflict.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Alas, the majority of Israelis are no longer interested in peace: http://www.peaceindex.org/indexMonthEng.aspx?num=306
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 8 July 2016 3:07:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Y,

from what I understand from my Israeli friends, there is no belief amongst Israelis that the Palestinians have any intention of peaceful co existence as they have done nothing to indicate their interest in peace over the last 100 years.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 10 July 2016 1:30:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SM,

Yes, but it doesn't matter what the Palestinians think or want: Israel needs to take care of itself.

If Palestinians still provoke Israel after it withdraws, then surely Israel can just wipe them off: militarily this is a non-issue, but currently Israel cannot do it because the rest of the world wouldn't allow it. Once Israel withdraws from the occupied territories, however, as part of a peace-deal with the rest of the world and most importantly with the rest of the Arab world, which is now, unlike in 1967, ready for peace, the Palestinians would no longer dare lift a finger against Israel (and if they still dared, then within 24 hours there would be no Palestinian left alive).

In summary, peaceful coexistence can be realised because Israel is strong, not because the Palestinians are interested in it.

Sadly, most Israelis today no longer want it: they seem to prefer holding those cursed territories over making peace with the rest of the world and with their Arab neighbours.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 10 July 2016 2:56:48 PM
A basic law of physics, Mr Meir, is that two objects can not occupy the same space at the same time. So to, with cultures and territory. Either Palestine/Israel has is ruled by a Jewish culture, or it is ruled by a Muslim culture. It can not have both. Two cultures can not claim the same territory.

Personally, I hope the Israelis drive the Muslims back into the Muslim lands where the Muslims have been ethnically cleansing minorities for the last 1400 years. They can hardly blame the Jews for doing what they themselves see nothing wrong with doing. And Zionism is far more efficient at creating a viable state that does not fill my country with Muslim "refugees" than accursed Islam. Every Arab Muslim country not floating on an ocean of oil is essentially a failed state.

I wonder what the Jews make of your treason against your own race? I'll bet you don't get invited to any bar mitzvahs.
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 11 July 2016 5:09:00 AM
Dear LEGO,

<<I'll bet you don't get invited to any bar mitzvahs.>>

According to the above survey, 20.4% of Israelis / 19.9% of Jewish Israelis would like the international community to force Israel to withdraw to its 1967 borders. 14.5% are undecided.

On the question of partial withdrawal from most of the West Bank, 35.8% of Israeli Jews support and 11.8% are undecided.

It is a minority, it used to be many more, but still plenty of Bar Mitzvahs.
Israel is divided and I don't think that West-Bank settlers would be invited to Alon's son's Bar Mitzvah either.

If your issue is to drive Muslims out, then why burden Israel with your ambitions? Go there yourself to do the dirty job and/or support the Jewish settlers to have their own state in the West Bank. The Arabs have 22 states, so why can't the Jews have two?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 11 July 2016 9:11:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy