The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Drum beaten by ABC management > Comments

The Drum beaten by ABC management : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 7/7/2016

The Drum rigorously excluded voices from the centre and the centre right; from people who had a beef about immigration but who could express their arguments cogently.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Malcolm I agree, as a center left type I saw the rot start in a number of ABC programs.
I think is might have something to do with the fact that the ABC is mostly a Sydney centric organisation now. So it' increasing becoming an echo chamber for the Harbor view latte set. Any trip out of the inner Sydney HQ is consider a foreign posting.

While the ABC is still a good news service compared to the commercials it is by no means a great one. Anything produced outside of the new department is very ordinary.

ABC is now well and truly infected with the cancer that is killing journalism in this country, the rise of the opinionated mock-u-mentary presenter is here.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Thursday, 7 July 2016 9:23:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with most of you.

My suggestions about articles to The Drum were refused or ignored.
I also am tired of journalists and editors pontificating and making judgements about what ideas are acceptable. Pauline Hanson has survived by pushing on,however much people don't like what she says. One of many unacceptable to the current conventional wisdom
Posted by Waverley, Thursday, 7 July 2016 9:28:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RUBBISH!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 7 July 2016 10:48:30 AM
Oh, dear. They weren't interested in Malcolm's articles.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 July 2016 11:02:43 AM
Howard and Abbotts biggest failure was not to privatise the abc. Billions of tax payer money has been wasted on promoting marxist dogma.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 7 July 2016 12:36:41 PM
Utter Rubbish Runner,stick to quoting the bible you dont know much about that and reality either
Posted by John Ryan, Thursday, 7 July 2016 2:38:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy