The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Poets saving Palestine: I Remember My Name > Comments

Poets saving Palestine: I Remember My Name : Comments

By Stuart Rees, published 28/4/2016

What non-violent response can there be to the violence and hatred, the killings and the dispossession, the endlessly cruel siege of Gaza, the thuggery of settlers and the Netanyahu rants?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Beats the hell out of me Stuart. Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 28 April 2016 9:47:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Conditions on the West Bank, in Gaza, in East Jerusalem and in myriad Palestinian refugee camps are monstrous.  What non-violent response can there be to the violence and hatred, the killings and the dispossession, the endlessly cruel siege of Gaza, the thuggery of settlers and the Netanyahu rants."

You've got it the wrong way around, pal. The conditions have been brought on themselves by the Palestinians and their "thuggery", "cruel siege" of Israel and attacks on a democracy; by their Islamic "rants" and threats to wipe Israel from the face of the Earth. Take your poetry and "peace" talk and shove it.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 28 April 2016 11:10:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'What non-violent response can there be to the violence and hatred, the killings and the dispossession, the endlessly cruel siege of Gaza, the thuggery of settlers and the Netanyahu rants?'

tell the truth instead of lies might be a good start Stuart.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 28 April 2016 12:54:08 PM
Looks like you are another one of the "Muslims are victims" push, Stuart.

Reality check, mate.

Islam spread across the world through the successful use of violence and terrorism, genocide, and the forcible conversion of people from other faiths. It has been trying to conquer Europe for 1400 years and it failed militarily, but it is now going to win through immigration and birth rate differentials. Meanwhile, back at he ranch, people like you are living in a fantasy land bubble.

Israel must exist in order to be a safe haven for the Jews who will soon be fleeing Muslim Europe. Where the Christians, atheists and homosexuals will flee to is anybody's guess. If you want to see what will happen to the non Muslim Europeans in Europe, have a look at what is happening right now in the Middle East, and remember that once upon a time, all of North Africa and the Levant was primarily Christian.

How you can fell sorry for the world's greatest genocide artists when one of their victims turns the tables on them is beyond me. I suppose you just think that supporting Muslims, and always opposing your own people's interests, is what the fashionable people do. And belonging to that caste is all that matters to you. Memo to Stuart. The attacks in Paris were directed at your own fashionable, trendy demographic. You trendies may love the Muslims, but they don't like you.

There are 1.3 billion Muslims throughout the world, Stuart. Worldwide military intelligence sources all agree that around 15% to 25% of them are just as fanatical as the Nazis, the Khmer Rouge, or the various Communist parties who once enslaved and murdered tens of millions. That means that there are around 180 million to 300 million people who really do want to destroy the society you live in and enslave you in a cleric dominated caliphate. Wise up and support your own civilisation, or you had better buy a prayer mat and a Koran.

And shove your poetry where your mother never kissed you.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 29 April 2016 4:00:55 AM
LEGO,
Nothing the Palestinians do wrong makes what Israel does right.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 30 April 2016 5:40:02 PM
God there is some garbage on the forum today. Armchair Critic the Palestinians have been given a number of chances to stop the violence & prosper in peace. Their leadership has continually found continuing hostilities the best way for them to maintain their power base, & the Palestinians have been too gutless or stupid to chuck them out.

Could you honestly say that if Israel ever lost one of these wars, they would not be ethnically cleansed from the face of the middle east. Would ISIS leave even one head on an Israeli shoulder?

That being the case, I think they actually show remarkable restraint in the face of continual provocation.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 30 April 2016 9:30:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy