The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Does Trump v Cruz foreshadow irreversible Republican divisions? > Comments

Does Trump v Cruz foreshadow irreversible Republican divisions? : Comments

By Glen Anderson and Alan Berman, published 30/3/2016

A defection of the sort described above, even if only amounting to 5-10 percent of the Republican base, could have a decisive impact upon the overall election result.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
The reality is Trump is the Republicans only hope, Ted Cruz is a complete nut job, its only Trumps theatrics that has distracted people from having a closure look at Ted.

Trump is playing the role he needs to to get votes, you need to remember he is a billionaire and you do not become one and stay one without some brains.

The US has got it's self into a strange position, the democrats have to lose the president race. The Republicans will general rule the senate because the base is more motivated to vote in the mid term elections, and you general get far righter's getting elected that way like Cruz.

It would be interesting if the US went to weekend compulsory voting.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Wednesday, 30 March 2016 9:52:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Definitely:

My usually reliable judgement tells me that a patently narcissistic President Trump is probably a bridge too far for most middle of the road republicans, who are likely to do the only thing left to them to keep this, I believe, insatiable power junkie from becoming president and vote democrat; and in record droves?

Power is a most seductive mistress and obviously Trump is well and truly smitten?

Moreover, if power corrupts, then absolute power corrupts absolutely!

One recalls the you're fired series and how quickly and easily a completely ruthless (the boss) Trump was able to push the, you're fired button!

I see a very dangerous man with all the humanity and empathy of a hard right wing Nazi, who opportunistically, runs with the hare and hunts with the hounds; and I believe, will have no compunction pressing another red button to hurl the free world towards self destruction?

And just to demonstrate he is stronger and far more ruthless than strong man and kindred spirit, President Putin?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Wednesday, 30 March 2016 10:05:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with this author and with Rhrosty.
Trump is a loose canon and a dangerously unstable man who is helpfully driving many Americans towards a Republican vote...and Hilary Clinton.

The many equally loose canons amongst the American Trump supporters will be out-numbered by both the original Republican supporters, and the new Republican supporters who will defect from the mad Trump campaign to Hilary's camp.

Personally, I can't wait for the inevitable to happen, and then see how Trump goes giving his defeat speech to his....interesting....supporters.
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 31 March 2016 1:42:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy