The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mind or muscle? What's the best path for men these days? > Comments

Mind or muscle? What's the best path for men these days? : Comments

By Peter West, published 22/3/2016

Apparently, the worst nuisances are the grunter, the poser, and the people showing off their nakedness.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
What's best, well being true to yourself is a good start, say what you mean and mean what you say and in all things. And try to stay civil!

Keep your mind when all about you are losing theirs, and to quote Rudyard Kipling, you'll be a man my son.

It's nice to have a body that turns the ladies on,so be good to it and the brain that guides it in all things.

An essential is to have an attitude that treats Ladies and other folk, regardless of the sexual bias, as equals and flesh blood and bone humans who can and do get tired, dejected and downright disappointed.

And from time to time need a little consideration as opposed to be being taken for granted!

It's hard to be too kind and considerate, too generous, too christian and love if real, needs to be entirely unconditional.

The best path is get an education, and given the jobs of the future, ensure it include maths and science, even where that involves going back to night school to add what you don't have?

And see life as a journey that should be likened to jumping from a plane, the parachute (mind) being open, as should the ears and eyes; and for the most obvious of reasons, our safe arrival at the end of the journey as a better, more self reliant man than the one who started!

And not as just another metaphorical blood soaked splatter!

I believe the purpose of life is the realization of dreams/dream fulfilment or "UNSELFISHLY" striving toward them, and the reason we have them?

Sporting achievements are great, but both temporary and transitional, make sure there's a fall back plan (emergency chute)!

At the end of the day, the only person who will or can judge you is the man in the mirror the only bloke you can never ever fool or lie to! Make sure and certain you never ever have to!, but rather, make him justifiably proud! Even if nobody else does or knows why?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 22 March 2016 9:31:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah yes Peter, the good ol' good ol' days when men were men and women did as they were told...
I don't know where you get all this angst about Gyms from though. Why is it such a problem that people like to keep fit? I also don't think that even most men hit the gym these days either.

As for Trump, I sure hope you aren't putting that arrogant, puffed up idiot out there as any sort of poster boy for 'real men'? Real men aren't violent, nor advocate violence in others. Most men don't make the money he does to buy himself friends and a political career.

Well said there Rhrosty, you really know your fellow man. :)
One thing though, you certainly don't need to be Christian to be a good man.

The best path for men these days is to love and be loved, don't break any laws, educate yourself as far as possible, and have your health checked regularly.
Mind you, we could also say the same for women too.
I don't think men are too hard done by at all. They just need to move with the times, just like everyone else.
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 23 March 2016 1:45:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's interesting that no man other than Rhrosty has posted here. (And thanks, Rhrosty, your opinions are always welcome, even when I don't always agree with them.)

Men don't get much of a chance to seriously look at themselves. There is, of course, the MRA movement, but that's more geared to destroying feminism, not encouraging men to question how society dictates what it means to be a man in this society.

Western society no longer appreciates the working man of old. There are too many other low-paid offshore markets to exploit.

Until recently, men have always had the benefit of a wife, who will dutifully fulfil the role of nanny, housekeeper, sexual provider, unpaid supportive counsellor and keeper of society's moral codes (which men, by virtue of their superior status, could mostly break with impunity - as long as they were discreet).

It's now a tough road for men in Western society. I don't envy them. But I do ask that they don't put all the blame on women and women's need for financial and emotional independence. There are all kinds of other forces that are destroying their traditional sense of self-worth.
Posted by Killarney, Wednesday, 23 March 2016 3:28:57 AM
Maybe we should add that men need a sense of humour to help them put up with all the experts telling them what to do, how to behave, what to avoid, and how to get on better with others ...?
Posted by Waverley, Wednesday, 23 March 2016 10:21:28 AM
Well Waverley, all these men need to do is ask women how they have managed to put up with being told what to do, how to behave, what to dress in, who they can see, where they can go, and more, since the beginning of time until very recently...
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 23 March 2016 9:16:16 PM
I don't dare say anything to women these days without checking that:
- I can't be accused of harassment
- I'm not threatening anyone
- I'm not being suggestive
- I'm not making some slighting comment that can be used against me.......

Somehow men and women live together, apparently peacefully (? )
Beats me how......
Posted by Waverley, Thursday, 24 March 2016 10:36:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy