The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Entrenched sexism in surgery > Comments

Entrenched sexism in surgery : Comments

By Sarah Russell, published 7/12/2015

Simply bringing females into the surgical boys club will not change this culture. Changing the toxic culture among surgeons requires structural change.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
>> Changing the toxic culture among surgeons requires structural change.

Such as?
Posted by calwest, Monday, 7 December 2015 11:19:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
well the feminisation of the education system has worked a treat. Many boys are left without role models at home and school. No wonder we have such confusion. I would imagine the entrenched sexism in the education system is far worse than surgery. The problem is that it is the male who is discriminated against hence receiving next to no media attentionn.
Posted by runner, Monday, 7 December 2015 12:04:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Women capable of surgery are already surgeons. Just like any branch of human endeavour, capable women are doing exactly the same things as men. The rest are just not up to it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 7 December 2015 12:13:29 PM
...In the make believe world, all is tolerated, while complaining is forbidden.
In the real world, nothing is tolerated without complaint!

...This is the reason, complaining is pointless!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 7 December 2015 12:49:19 PM
PS:

Diving was beautiful today....no complaints there!
And I have a simple question; how can I get a kitchen aid coffee machine free, without purchasing one?
That's a question, not a complaint!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 7 December 2015 12:56:27 PM
Q, has anybody read the fairy tale about "the girl who cried rape"? A, why would i believe anything a feminazi EVER says?
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Monday, 7 December 2015 1:31:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy