The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In defence of kitchen cabinet and democracy > Comments

In defence of kitchen cabinet and democracy : Comments

By Tim O'Hare, published 23/11/2015

When everyone you went to uni with and maybe a minor celebrity or two, post about how the government's refugee policies are wrong, people can be deluded into thinking that the argument is over.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
My feeling is that Crabbe could do a lot more, say in the vein of Sarah Ferguson. As things stand the net worth of the program seems to be making Carbbe into a soapie star. I expect more than that from the ABC. The commercial stations do enough of that already. Tha ABC is there to fill the void.

To put it in an extremely contrasting way, what would one make of a doco/reconstruct that shows Hitler as a simple man who loves his family, his dog, the simple life, and has no pretensions to grandeur, etc.

When the choppergate broke, with the responses from BB from on high, I was so angry with the makeover that Crabbe successfully did on BB on an earlier Kitchen cabinet.

All said it is okay for 12 minutes of low level political expose. The other 18 minutes is all stuffing and banter. (I used to enjoy some of it, now I have stopped bothering with it. too much sugar and cream, not enough stuffing in the cake.)

chek
Posted by Chek, Monday, 23 November 2015 9:44:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Annabel Crabbe is not presenting a current affairs programme or a documentary; she is hosting a chat show whose guests happen to be politicians.
Her questioning, her style, her rapport are aspects of her own journalistic personality - to be critical of them is a bit like saying that a footballer shouldn't slam his racquet into the swimming pool.
If you don't want her unique style, than watch another channel, not our ABC.
Posted by Ponder, Monday, 23 November 2015 10:40:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good article, Tim. It highlights the loony Left's hatred of democracy and freedom of thought and simple enjoyment, as well as it's cannibalism against even it's own.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 23 November 2015 2:52:34 PM
I agree, it is a good article. Crisp and spot on. Thanks for the read, Tim.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 23 November 2015 6:08:05 PM
Chek who the heck is "BB"? You are obviously one of these rubbish public servants (Who are anything but!) who revel in acronyms.
The ABC now needs to be reminded of it's charter for impartiality and then just closed down for twelve months so they can all have a good hard look at themselves.
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 23 November 2015 6:24:57 PM
The author should concentrate on his comedy career I think.
This article is way over the top and too serious about what is essentially just a pleasant, light-hearted TV show with Annabel Crabb giving her best. I enjoy the show.

Seeing the dreadful Scott Morrison giggling and laughing maniacally with Annabel certainly didn't change my view of him, and I doubt it did to any other intelligent viewer.

It always amuses me how vacuous anti-ABC viewers still force themselves to watch the ABC programs anyway, and then start raving about all the dreadful 'lefties' who watch that channel!
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 23 November 2015 6:34:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy