The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Singapore health system euthanises voodoo economics > Comments

Singapore health system euthanises voodoo economics : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 9/11/2015

The Senate nanny state inquiry reveals public health is the home of voodoo economics.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
This article has the depth of a tadpole pond. He takes the electorate for fools here!
500thousand people left their health insurance behind last year alone.
Health insurance is an abysmal failure.
Drinking alcohol as the drug of choice in our society, has huge negative consequences to budgets and individuals...this clown is a lying politician. No more!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 9 November 2015 9:18:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Since I am unwilling to accept stolen money from the government (which has no other money that is not the proceeds of theft or robbery), I tried to get myself out of Medicare:

I checked out and found that they would indeed allow me to return my Medicare card. However, once I relinquished my Medicare number I would not be allowed to continue having my private health cover (yet still be subject to fines for not having it).

Rather than trying to change a system which, bad as it may be, most Australians seem to like, the author-senator should concentrate on introducing legislation that will allow others to opt out of that system.

Once that is done, those who choose to remain within the system will no longer have a right to complain that the nanny-state restricts their unhealthy habits.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 9 November 2015 1:47:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
diver dan & Yuyutsu, i hear where you are coming from but libertarian ideology is about personal responsibility & the freedom to harm yourself if you wish. tobacco & alcohol are heavily taxed & always have been so our governments have always been guilty of allowing the problems.

health insurance has been complicated by government compulsion. education & health care used to be provided by churches for their members who donated to the church.
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Tuesday, 10 November 2015 5:32:54 AM
Dear Imacentristmoderate,

<<libertarian ideology is about personal responsibility & the freedom to harm yourself if you wish>>

Thus presented it doesn't sound so great, but what's much more important is the freedom to do things which the state BELIEVES would harm myself.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 10 November 2015 6:39:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy