The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's new PM 'gets IT' > Comments

Australia's new PM 'gets IT' : Comments

By Al Blake, published 16/9/2015

He’s on record as regarding ‘digital literacy’ as important as reading and supporting open access to government data.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
That's fine for IT demons, (maybe - not too many people are rapt with 'his' NBN), but there are many things he doesn't 'get': many conservatives voters loathe him, will not vote Liberal while he is PM, and will not forgive him for ousting a first-term PM as per Labor. He doesn't listen to anyone, and holds most people in contempt. He is a poor communicator and boring wind bag. Bishop is no asset, twisting, turning, smirking and simpering up at him on the night of the coup - isn't he wonderful, and look at me; I'm not really a nasty middle-aged woman: I'm really a young, cute girl, and I dress accordingly. Bah! Between them they will lay the path for a Labor victory.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 10:26:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"he gets it" Oh really! Turn Bull is the "genius" that wanted to give us "fiber to the node" The US has been using Optic fiber for more than 15 years and any body that has used an Australian issued card will know how effective Optic fiber is even with gas (petrol) pumps, back in 2000 I traveled through 34 US States and my card was not rejected at any time, on my return to Australia my card was rejected on the second time I tried to use it, copper oxidizes the "green disease" which causes failures at connections, Optic fiber does not have that problem, Turnbull's suggestion, "copper from the node" is like buying a Rolls Royce and putting second hand bald tires on it!
Posted by lockhartlofty, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 10:34:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This article is a shrewd piece of corporate positioning, written by a corporate man - to lead Turnbull by the nose in directions favouring the corporate man's corporation.

OLO punters will be pleased to hear that:

"FTTP" means Fibre to the Premises - which often means houses in areas already well served by broadband wireless or wireline Internet delivery.

FTTP will not be supplied to White People in genuinely remote areas eg. isolated homesteads needing online medical services.

Homesteads don't generate many votes and their votes go to the National Party anyway.

Pete
Formerly of the Department of Communications
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 10:42:09 AM
ttbn, what do you think those conservative voters are going to do come the next election? I doubt they'll just scrawl "Turnbull sux!" on the ballot paper. More likely they'll vote for someone else. But after they've allocated their preferences to Bobcats, Puppies, X-Men etc, they're left with the choice of whether to put the Libs above or below Labor. Do they really think Shorten's preferable to Turnbull?
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 10:51:21 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
After the ALP established the roll-out of their FTTP NBN (including negotiating the establishment of the NBN away from Telstra), they got rolled out of govt.

Then Turnbull, at the behest of the LNP (+/- others), set out to re-set things and roll it out as the mixed-mode delivery model (as Al Blake says - "against the advice of many in the ICT industry").

And note Mr Blake also wrote "he was following the party line; there was always uncertainty as to how strongly Turnbull personally supported that approach, and his elevation to the PM spot may allow for an NBN recalibration."

Hopefully. The nation's businesses and citizens would benefit collectively from FTTP.
Posted by McReal, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 11:16:56 AM
The new internet virus Malware Turncoat has not yet entered punters servers.
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 11:39:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy