The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'Hey, I'm going to be a dad!' > Comments

'Hey, I'm going to be a dad!' : Comments

By Peter West, published 20/8/2015

A man with a child in tow may not be the biological father. Split families, gay couples, and mixed-race couples with children are common in most of our cities and towns.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
A perfect description of the stereo-typical father, flowering away in the summer sun, surrounded by the obligatory homosexual and mysteriously, missing in action, the multicultural father....slipped-up there Peter!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 20 August 2015 9:09:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'day Val...I had in the past, an old Aunty. She was a headmistress at a suburban school. I remember one time, her relaying to me the story of psychological torture, a group of her students were subjected to during religious instruction at their local Sunday school.

The Sunday school teacher was using dolls too: paper ones; the type that are cut out of a single piece of paper in origami fashion, so when complete, make a lovely little line of human figures all joined at the fingertips, (until the paper runs out)!

Well...in the typical fervour of a religious instructor of the time, ( keeping on-theme with history), unsuspecting children were treated to the theatre of the burning of those innocent little figurines over a flame, representing the fires of hell! Kids talk!

But what I really wished to discuss with you, is the important subject of history. The reason history lessons a "bored"-down today, is not really a modern day phenomena at all. It is more a policy imposed by the elite of the left wing politic, (my supposition), that have infiltrated our once useful educational institutions, in order to impose a "view" of history suitable to a cause!

(Cont., below)...
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 20 August 2015 10:48:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From above:

For example, take the subject of the "white Australia" policy of old. A subject only ever raised in modern times with deprecation! But there once was a time, (what a sweet phrase), when history was actually some poor buggers life!

In the case in example here though, that was a time when "Chinaman" was a swear-word.
Are you familiar with the Darwin riots of the early eighteen hundred Val? Well that was a culmination of frustration and loss the local townsfolk felt at the time, sensing to be outnumbered by foreigners.

So "they took matters into their own hands", (from a phrase to a significant sentence now)! And rebelling against the often misplaced loyalty of our leaders, rose up against the Governor and corralled him in his quarters, where he stayed until rescued by a Navel flotilla sent from the south, to facilitate his rescue.

So the blossoming of this little historical uprising, was the instigation of the White Australia policy. A document designed to pacify the population, and aid it in the cure of its insecurities, by targeting a known cause of friction!

The Governor I might add, bade farewell to the naughty folk of Darwin forever, and the wise old men of power never trusted the welfare of such a dignitary of state-power to reside in Darwin until recently.

Well Val, trust that this boring little ramble of mine was within the editors guidelines, and look forward to talking again at your next article....keep up the good work!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 20 August 2015 10:49:55 AM
I struggle with this site....posts dumped on the wrong site is an issue to me. And it is easy to get wrong! Back to Val! ...I hope...sorry folks
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 20 August 2015 10:52:57 AM
Because my two girls needed to be brought into the world with a caesar; I was the first of their parents to hold them; a rare privilege and the, until then, most emotional experience of my life!

Only exceeded in intensity by the divorce and separation from all I love most in life!

I was one of those mild mannered blokes that regularly put in a fourteen hour day and brought an unopened pay packet home; and a fierce protector of my girls!

I was the one doing all the unpaid work!

My girls left me with my heart in my mouth many times, with their risk taking mischief.

And needing to take a walk around the block before I chastised their behavior to ensure that the firm but fair disciple wasn't more severe than it needed to be?

With a time out waiting with trepidation for the big dog to come home; often more effective than shouting the house down with my best parade ground bark!

Which came in handy when they needed their dad in their corner; leaving a young bully trembling in very fear, or a unrealistic teacher reassessing her expectations!

That said, many younger men are permanently bewildered about their proper role?

Toughen up, be a man, don't be a baby, find your feminine side. Take a turn doing the household duties!

And fair enough when the better half falls asleep at the dinner table exhausted with the demands of the workplace!

But a completely different set of expectations for so called house husbands?

With some men just so disenchanted by the unrealistic expectations laid on them?

They simply avoid anything like long term relationships, let alone marriage and kids; and the probable emasculation that invariably goes with it?

We've spent a good deal of time making sure our daughters get a fair shake!

Perhaps to the point where we are leaving the blokes behind, given the more recent results as university graduation numbers coming out of university?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Thursday, 20 August 2015 12:31:35 PM
Don't worry about it Dan, anybody can make a mistake Mate. But particularly when the subject matter arouses passion?

If only all that religious indoctrination could have been replaced by folks of genuine caring concern like Val?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Thursday, 20 August 2015 12:38:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy