The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Shop your way to success > Comments

Shop your way to success : Comments

By John Cokley, published 19/6/2015

Agenda finding: what people want, what are they willing to pay money for, and how much they are willing to pay.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Interesting article.

It's amazing that journalism has survived as long as it has when you reflect on the truths in this article: that they've never really coherently concerned themselves with the readers' evaluation of their products, rather than their own. I suppose it's because people have a high demand for stories and news, and will buy it in bundled-up versions if they can't be more selective.

But now we can be more selective, I think newspapers are on the way down and out and good riddance as far as I'm concerned. BTW I read the other day that being a print journalist is one of the lowest-paid occupations.

No, I won't read your book, John. It's just another call on my attention and you'll have to join the queue with everyone else. The fact it satisfies priorities in your value scale is not exactly a compelling argument.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Friday, 19 June 2015 9:55:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, the first lesson here is, if you and your employer agree on almost everything then one of you is clearly redundant!

The other is just how much the discretionary spend allows us to chose when and how to spend!

A spokesperson for the IMF was on N.R. this morning, discussing an allied subject and the historical evidence that relates to it?

It seems that trickle down economics or economic rationalism, shrinks the economy, or the economically critical discretionary spend!? Whereas, good social policy, housing and infrastructure roll outs, do the opposite!?

And indeed, the never since repeated unprecedented period of post war prosperity!? But then, that was of itself a product of clear sighted vision and also never since repeated!

Instead its very opposite has contributed to a 100,000 homeless, the highest median house prices in the english speaking world/rents for a Sydney bedsit higher than a single pension; and or, record and exponentially expanding domestic and foreign debt!

Yes sure, we're better off, but only if the gaze is myopically focused on guys like Donald Trump, Clive Palmer, and Gina Reinhardt?

Now there's a Cadre who know exactly how to shop your way to success!?

More coal or iron ore mines, more penthouses or golf courses anyone?

And wasn't the salmon, the trout the chicken, the Swiss steak, the minted lamb and the chocolate tort/chocolate orange truffle delicious, and hardly left room for the third helping of caviar, washed down with chilled champers/coffee and liqueur?

I must say Donny Boy, the cigars were just not up to their usual corps diplomatic standard! It seems they're just not feeding the horses the way they used to?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 20 June 2015 11:33:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy