The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The man behind the curtain: Julian Assange revealed > Comments

The man behind the curtain: Julian Assange revealed : Comments

By Sandra K Eckersley, published 20/3/2015

The largely silent Swedish Prosecution Authority has been overwhelmed with a barrage of criticism from Team Assange despite Sweden winning seven court hearings to maintain the integrity of their European Arrest Warrant.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
An accurate account of the Julian his cheer squad worships. James Dean? Rebel without a cause? No just a self-seeker.

Julian's whole career has been the assumption that the righteousness of his actions place him above the laws that govern us mere mortals.

In the words of esteemed Guardian journalist, Luke Harding:

"I worked with Julian on WikiLeaks and we at the Guardian collaborated pretty well with him until he fell out with us like he falls out with everybody.

He has a rather primitive philosophy of complete transparency. He thinks that if all documents and official secrets are released, we shall bring governments and corporations to account and make the world more democratic.”

more at http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/christchurch-life/art-and-stage/10313009/Russia-like-a-beguiling-black-hole

Julian's most deluded supporters implicitly believe he has Sovereign Immunity from prosecution, like a king. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_immunity :

"Sovereign immunity is a legal doctrine by which the sovereign or state cannot commit a legal wrong and is immune from civil suit or criminal prosecution. This principle is commonly expressed by the popular legal maxim "rex non potest peccare," meaning "the king can do no wrong."

When you are as rich and famous as Julian, and you have an international cheer squad, you can break or ignore any law you like.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 20 March 2015 11:41:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Absolutely agree Plantagenet!

Until now Assange has been clearly guilty of very obviously never ever allowing the facts to get in the way of a good story?

Nonetheless some of the more moribund supporters will be out there waiting for the Resurrection of this "untouchable" modern day deity? And surprisingly, a number of them seem to be women?
Well it is said you can fool some of the people all of the time!

Maybe after the free ride is over, maybe the Authorities negotiate a deal to help him on to an Ecuadorian bound plane,on a one way ticket; but leave all the warrants outstanding!

So if he ever steps out of Ecuador, he will automatically pay the full penalty.

As I've said all along, these are not the actions of an innocent man! But perhaps, and suggested by the reported facts, those of a gold plated R sole! Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 20 March 2015 2:32:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Rhrosty

Its curious how this accurate picture of the hurt Julian has done to women has caused his usual Apologists to remain mute now.

They were more talkative two days ago http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=17180&page=0 .

It is heartening that even Julian International Inc are now seeing sense.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 20 March 2015 3:19:12 PM
According to Robert David Steele ex- senior marine intelligence and CIA operative, Julian Assange has Mossad connections and Edward Snowdan is connected to the CIA and is being used by Obama to bring the NSA under control.

All is not what it seems.http://www.zengardner.com/us-intelligence-officer-every-single-terrorist-attack-us-false-flag-attack/
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 20 March 2015 8:36:40 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pete

What you call the 'Assange cheer squad' are actually individuals who are not at all interested in cheering Assange the man, but understand that he has become a pawn in a global propaganda power game.

I myself am all too aware of the outrageous sexism among leftist male warrior gurus, who view women in much the same way that rock stars view under-age groupies.

From what I have read, I have no doubt at all that Assange treated these women with the contempt routinely displayed by chauvinistic men who go all hysterical about women 'getting too serious'.

However, the charges of rape require a full investigation, with the full cooperation of law enforcement agencies within Sweden, the UK and Australia (and, of course, the US - who are really pulling the strings), which till now has not occurred because of the global political implications of the WikiLeaks revelations.

The decision by the Swedish prosecution team has finally broken an negotiation impasse. Legally speaking, it is they, not Assange, who have dragged this case out for several years longer than needed.

How this finally plays out will have little to do with Western legal justice. It's more a matter of what political solution the parties will agree to, which minimises any loss of face.

As for the women whose 'honour' is at the heart of this global farce, well ... nobody cares about them or their destroyed lives. They are, after all, just women who foolishly got themselves caught up in an all-male power game.
Posted by Killarney, Saturday, 21 March 2015 5:13:18 AM
Killarney; You can't be serious!?

What are you saying, that the CIA were pulling Assange's strings when he reportedly raped those women, that he was never ever at any time responsible for his own actions!? That'a an illogical absurdity.

For mine, I hope the upcoming INTERVIEW is conducted utilizing the very latest, completely covert, impossible to beat, space age lie detection technology.

And that the results be made public for the whole world to see!

And so like wikileaks getting everybody else's dirty laundry out there for the world to see.

Clearly the public record shows, if you bothered to ever read it, the only one causing any of the delays in bringing this matter front and centre, was a very slippery Assange.

I mean, reportedly when asked by the Swedish Authorities for his address, gave a P.O.Box in Melbourne. And then did a runner to England!

Not exactly the actions of a completely innocent man, with no case to answer!

If Sweden was the terrible place he was claiming it was, why did he apply for permanent residency, before he allegedly raped those women?

Did I miss something? Did something occur virtually overnight to turn the most desirable place in the world for Assange; into a hell hole controlled by the CIA or Mossad?

And do you think a women would put herself through all that trauma, applying for a rape kit etc, after Assange had finished with her?

I would have thought someone with your medical background would have understood that a rape kit is activated to provide indisputable physical (DNA) evidence.

As I said to Pete, you can fool some of the people all of the time!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 21 March 2015 10:28:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy