The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Eradicating ebola outbreak and Islamic State scourge require same prescription > Comments

Eradicating ebola outbreak and Islamic State scourge require same prescription : Comments

By David Singer, published 14/10/2014

Diseases that kill thousands are less of a challenge to the UN than diseases that kill millions.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
David,
your mob are doing a pretty good job killing off the residents of the Gaza strip so I suggest that you keep your head down in case you become a target for some misbegotten son of Islam.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 14 October 2014 9:54:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well that rather depends whether you're laying dying from Ebola, or on your knees, at the sword of Isil.
We may be able to eradicate Ebola with right sterile management! [And for mine, that is placing the patient in an environment; complete sterile box oxygen rich isolation, normally reserved for very premature babies, and for at least a month!]
But the war on Isil will only ever be over, when we win the hearts and minds, of the disenchanted, who will otherwise eventually fight it.
And we need to start on that path, by eliminating poverty wherever we find it, in all its forms and guises.
And a well crafted policy poverty ending paradigm, (Tobin tax) will be of greater value to those nations (pragmatic investors) that are on the donor list; due to the increased economic activity and opportunities, a good model will create for them!
I mean, in living memory, China was a nation where endemic poverty was the norm!
Look at it now, and just how well economic improvement has quelled unrest.
And look how much benefit that economic turnaround, has also accrued for other nations, the world over!
That said, one can agree Isil and every other extreme murderous perversion of Islam, needs to be eliminated with the same extreme prejudice, normally reserved for equally mindless deadly killer pathogens!
And in that context, there are only two real choices.
Live on your feet, or die on your knees!
Doing nothing or pleading for peace with either mindless killer, is just not an option!
Even less so, when one killer, finds extreme pleasure in blatant murder!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 14 October 2014 10:48:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We helped make them Iraq-Iran War, tanker wars, 2003 invasion; is a bomb going to fix the problem?
Posted by markjohnconley, Tuesday, 14 October 2014 3:42:25 PM
Dear David Singer,

This article from anyone else I would consider this bias but at least worthy of consideration.

However coming hard on the heels of a historic albeit non binding vote by the British Parliament to recognise the state of Palestine, it is just a divergence.

And by the way what a resounding vote it was, 274-to-12.
http://time.com/3506269/israeli-palestinian-conflict-british-vote/

“Sir Richard Ottaway, the Tory chair of the Foreign Affairs Committee, one who, in his own words had stood by Israel through thick and thin said that such was his anger at the Israeli government's annexation of 950 acres of the West Bank, that he would abstain.”

And;

“Sir Alan Duncan, the former Tory minister for international development compared the settlements in the West Bank to the apartheid system of South Africa and said they represented a "wicked cocktail" of occupation. In a speech to the Royal United Services Institute, the chief think tank of the British defense establishment, on Tuesday Duncan said: "Anyone who supports illegal Israeli settlements in Palestinian land is an extremist who puts themselves outside the boundaries of democratic standards. They are not fit to stand for election or sit in a democratic parliament."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-hearst/the-brake-come-off-in-the_b_5984930.html

http://www.bdsmovement.net/
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 15 October 2014 2:01:19 PM
this short utube sums uo and exposes the UN.

http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/10/13/after-watching-this-video-youll-see-why-the-un-wants-this-video-removed-from-youtube/
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 15 October 2014 4:11:59 PM
#Rhrosty

I agree with your well expressed sentiments.

#SteeleRedux

You state:

"This article from anyone else I would consider this bias but at least worthy of consideration.

However coming hard on the heels of a historic albeit non binding vote by the British Parliament to recognise the state of Palestine, it is just a divergence."

My response:

1. What do you consider is bias in the article?

2. Sorry to destroy your conspiracy theory - but my article was sent to OLO on 12 October but not published till 14 October - the day after the vote in the more than half-empty 650 member House of Commons on 13 October.

The divergence seems to be yours - in not wishing to focus on my article but resorting to making false accusations to avoid discussion of my article's contents.

#runner

Thank you for posting the video on the UN's shortcomings. The Security Council needs to focus on stopping Islamic State in its tracks. Until it does the killing and expulsion of communities in Iraq and Syria at the hands of Islamic State is set to continue with ever increasing ferocity and carnage.

Putin is the key to putting a Security Council resolution in place that ensures effective action is taken to end the threat to world peace and security posed by Islamic State.

It won't be pretty and there will be lots of casualties.

The longer the UN waits to act - the greater will be the sacrifices that have to be made to stop the spread of Islamic State.
Posted by david singer, Monday, 20 October 2014 12:25:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy