The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In times like these > Comments

In times like these : Comments

By Richard Hil, published 7/10/2014

Previously derided for his errant pugilism and relentless negativity as well as his penchant for wearing skimpy Speedos and a swim cap, our PM has shown what a prolonged regime of physical fitness can achieve.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
The writer has overlooked hair extensions as a means of disguise. Perhaps all hair should be shaved - glo-tops for all who would enter the hallowed halls of Bronnie's parliament.
We are fast becoming the laughing stock of the world, and rightly so.
Posted by GYM-FISH, Tuesday, 7 October 2014 8:55:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A great piece of writing! Unfortunately, we are losing our 'laughing-stock' image and moving towards a 'hated-nation' status instead.

Sitting in the 'Killer American Camp' makes us targets for every so-called 'Terrorist' in the world, a simple fact that seems to elude all of our politicians.

Our 'Little Hitler', who wears budgie-smugglers to puff up his modest attachments, is having the time of his life playing at wargames in his second childhood. It's to be hoped that his servile posing doesn't come back to bite him on his skinny bum!

Australia must reject the 'Endless War' paradigm and stand as a peaceful Nation if it is to survive the maelstrom that is coming!
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 7 October 2014 9:35:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 7 October 2014 11:28:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Again and as always, a permanently disgruntled DG, is busy busy bashing America, (endlessly sowing the seeds of dissent) regardless of the thread, subject matter or topic?
A bit reminiscent of the way the intensely evil Nazis managed to blame the hapless peace loving and passive Jews, for all of the ills of the world.
If you don't like us and or our, born in blood sacrifice, allegiances DG, you remain free to find somewhere else, more to your liking to go and live. Northern Iraq via Turkey and Syria perhaps?
I'll even pass the hat around if you have a problem funding a one-way economy class ticket.
I thought it was only females that got married, then spent the rest of their nag, nag, nag, lives trying to change their less than "adequate" men?
I really have had my fill of monotonous, moaning, mealy mouthed migrants that move here, and then try the very same thing on with the host nation!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 7 October 2014 11:56:25 AM
God aren't there a lot of nothing people in the world.

Interesting that so many of them congregate in the same faculty & seem to be proud of writing the same stuff, & talk a lot.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 7 October 2014 12:21:57 PM
‘morning Dick H,

I note that you posted this article under the heading of “humor and satire”. I’ve read it twice and struggled to find any evidence of either. The closest you came was the reference to “Christian Milne”? Christine’s brother perhaps?

If this is the best on offer from a “Senior Lecturer in the School of Arts and Social Sciences at Southern Cross University, NSW”, then sadly you make an excellent case for rolling what is left of “humanities study” into year 12, where it seems to belong, and removing it entirely from the University curriculum. I do hope you are not drawing your salary from the public purse.

I even tried to find a target audience for you but after much analysis and my ultimate failure, up popped David G with a ringing endorsement. That Mr. Senior Lecturer, sums up the level of your offering.

Here’s a suggestion. Why don’t you offer your article to your students for analysis and comment? If they are at all critical of the tone, content, structure, values, subliminal ideology or maturity of your article, then it will demonstrate just how disconnected you are from even today’s humanities students.

If on the other hand they support it, that tells you just how effective and culpable you are for the demise in value of University Degree’s.

You should be deeply ashamed, if for no other reason than for actually sucking from the public purse for this sixth form trash.
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 7 October 2014 12:36:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy