The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Foreign policy blunders of the Erdogan Government > Comments

Foreign policy blunders of the Erdogan Government : Comments

By Osman Softic, published 6/10/2014

Arab countries in particular accused Erdogan and AKP of having taken a sectarian approach in their relations with the Middle East due to an ideological affinity between AKP and the Muslim Brotherhood.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Osman, your comment "Turkey, of course, remains a leading partner of the United States in the region because of its strategic location and membership of NATO". By Erdogan disallowing the US coalition use of the NATO air base in Turkey to strike at ISIL, indicates a fragility of the alliance that I fail to see will be repaired in the near future, particularly should the US have access to Peshmerga territory in Kurdish control.

I would suggest NATO fully support a Kurdish independent state and full membership of NATO.
Erdogan, by playing the secular card is no longer to be trusted at any level.
Dreams of a resurgent Ottoman Empire complete with Janissaries, is the dream of another Napoleon.

I think that when you state "notwithstanding Israeli atrocities against civilians and infrastructure of Gaza, " you really meant 'notwithstanding Hamas atrocities against civilians and infrastructure of Gaza' didn't you?
Posted by Prompete, Monday, 6 October 2014 2:08:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy