The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Are we winning or losing the war on terror? > Comments

Are we winning or losing the war on terror? : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 3/10/2014

In short, the west is engaged in a 'long war' of low intensity conflict. But politicians and media just bounce along from one event to another without seeing the big picture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. All
"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God bless America,
Land that I love,
Stand beside her, and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home
God bless America, My home sweet home."

Joe, your mediocre, silly, vacuous response to my comment was anticipated. But don't lose heart.

I've included the words to 'God Bless America' so you can learn them, kind of get ready for what is coming when the American Imperium is established on Earth.
Posted by David G, Sunday, 12 October 2014 10:56:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi David,

No, don't know that one: nice to see you know it off by heart. Who said primary education was futile ?

American patriotic songs are not really up my street, but they seem to be, shall we say, up yours.

Now, back to topic:

So maybe the best the US can hope for is to keep the Turks totally out of the current situation, even around Kobane. (Isn't it odd, that when the Yanks DON'T get involved, like in Rwanda or up until now in Syria, they get cursed for being isolationist ?)

But that will, by default, bring on the extermination of the Kurds around Kobane, and Kurdish bitter resentment against the Turks for doing nothing. A third of Turkey, the south-eastern third, is mostly Kurdish. Ergo, revolt.

The US will have to drive ISIS out of Iraq, ASAP, including Iraqi Kurdistan, so it will probably have to either send in troops, OR come to a tacit agreement with Iran to restrict themselves to the north and west, the Sunni heartland and Kurdistan, and leave Baghdad and the south, sort of de facto, to the Iranians, which won't please the Saudis.

I wish the Yanks well
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 12 October 2014 2:17:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth, what evidence proves Bashar Al Assad is a brutal dictator?

"Mounting" evidence is not enough, like there was no evidence Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

How someone becomes brutal cannot be proved by their background alone, there has to be proof of the brutality.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stop-the-cycle/201309/how-bashar-al-assad-became-brutal-dictator

What about the weaponry stolen from Syria by rebels? They even now have tanks.
Even a layman can understand that rebels could use chemical weapons stolen from the Syrian army to turn blame against Assad, to turn the people worldwide against Assad. It worked, but.

Assad is not so stupid as to use chemical weapons as Saddam Hussein was accused of doing.
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 12 October 2014 2:57:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi JF,

It's hard to keep up with opportunists :)

So YOUR bestie is Assad ? He has never used brutality against his own people ? Perhaps his father never did either ?

And Saddam never used poison gas against the Kurds ? Not at Halabja ? It's all an American lie ? B@stards !

Okay, thanks for being so Useful. Long live SFF.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 12 October 2014 3:26:14 PM
Joe, moving to Canberra would be a good move for you. You'd be able to slip over to the U.S. Embassy each day to get your talking points and you'd be able to pass on your expertise on America-worship and how to turn Australia into another American State.

Apparently, Canberra is a great place to live and you'd be able to fly your Stars and Stripes and no one would notice.

P.S. The song about 'God Bless America' is rather flawed. It should read:

"From the mountains to the prairies we covered with blood of Indians and slaves.
God bless America, My home sweet home
God bless America, My home sweet home."
Posted by David G, Sunday, 12 October 2014 4:26:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Joe Loudmouth,

How about you just answer the question.

What evidence is there that proves Bashar Al Assad is brutal?

Never mind his father or grandmother, or that he inherited a dictatorship.

You surely are honest and strong enough to concede that perhaps the quickest way to bring peace would be for the west to help Assad to regain control.
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 12 October 2014 5:00:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy