The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time for euthanasia to be regulated > Comments

Time for euthanasia to be regulated : Comments

By David Swanton, published 29/8/2014

Lack of regulation means the onus is therefore on Exit and Dr Nitschke to screen those who may not be suitable for the information provided in his books and workshops.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
No,just time for Dr death to be regulated.
Starting with de-registering him for his untimely involvement in the WA incident, or an earlier one on the gold coast.
Given we already have excellent and improving palliative care/pain management, that sometimes eases all the pain but kills the patient; meaning, we just don't need this other!
But particularly, how easy it would be for those with enduring power of attorney, and great expectations as inherited wealth, may find themselves with the power to hasten, that happy for them outcome!
As someone who cared for an elderly relative 24/7 for her last ten years, I can tell you; there are times when that power to alter NATURAL outcomes, would have been very tempting.
People who want to top themselves have plenty of options that just don't have to include anyone else!
Turning off their oxygen, not swimming between the flags, or deliberately into a rip; which then takes you too far out for you to return, even were you to change your mind?
Then there's single vehicle accidents, stepping over a Gold coast balcony into thin air etc.
And it's not the fall that hurts, just the sudden stop at the bottom.
And then if you aren't suitably lubricated, and therefore just such an accident, going somewhere to happen!
Rhosty
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 29 August 2014 12:48:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Two decades in Dahmer's Torture and Rape Dungeon (TM) will change any anti-choicer's mind on euthanasia.
Posted by AyameTan, Friday, 29 August 2014 3:42:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Congratulations Rhrosty, you've just made Al Qaeda look compassionate (again).
Posted by AyameTan, Friday, 29 August 2014 3:43:16 PM
As someone who cared for an elderly relative 24/7 for her last ten years,
Rhrosty,
I'd be very interesting in how you managed. Were you working as well or were you a Pensioner ? I'm interested in how you managed expenses as well. I'd be beside myself if faced with such a prospect.
Posted by individual, Friday, 29 August 2014 6:38:47 PM
Voluntary Euthanasia has been done to death on OLO, let's have death to all religions who oppose it, then one is sure we will have VE. but as long as you are Euthanising people with bombs in war, medals given, no worries, but definately do not bomb a person wanting to die with Nembutal, prison sentence, no medals here, what a farcical world we live in.
Posted by Ojnab, Friday, 29 August 2014 9:26:03 PM
Beside yourself individual?
What?
Are you an identical twin?

How did I manage!
Well that depends on how much you're willing to go without!
During this time, the only new clothes I had were socks and undies.
A night out? What the hell is that?
A holiday, or a break/respite from 24/7 duties?
What the hell is that?
Getting a good night's sleep, not listening to the sound of someones breathing in the next room , just in case it stops!
A good night's sleep! What the hell is that?
As a permanently disabled pensioner, it was a huge struggle on two fronts. Physically and financially. And my privilege for an angel who made her own share of, almost endless sacrifices for all her kids!
And yet, clearly not a job for someone less compassionate than Al Qaeda! Such remarkable insight from A.T.! Again!
As someone who believes in reincarnation, and a time and a place for every individual's passing; I just don't see any value, in trying to circumvent individual karma.
Which if avoided, just means we then are obliged to come back and do the whole thing over, and with an added burden or the Karma earned by taking a life! Our own, and our most valuable gift!
So as you sow, so also shall you reap, if not in this lifetime then the next!
And given that is so, perfect justice!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 29 August 2014 11:22:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy