The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The case of Kathleen Folbigg: medical expert testimony, a system failure > Comments

The case of Kathleen Folbigg: medical expert testimony, a system failure : Comments

By Michael Nott, published 27/6/2014

Circumstantial evidence put Kathleen Folbigg in jail for murdering her four children, but causation was absent.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
You know what Michael, if this had been the children's father, he would have been convicted of murder in the first instance not the fourth. & I know, all the Feminists & Lawyers would cheered the verdict without a second thought.

I read of a Study when it was claimed that more Mothers commit infanticide the Fathers, but it's not Politically Correct to say so.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 27 June 2014 9:44:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well the rule of two, three or four, would indubitably prove, that many Asian mothers and others living in extremely impoverished circumstances, are also murderers, and based on an identical if now thoroughly disgraced theory.
And given cases, where arrogant wife and child beating dads' hold on to the purse strings, with a tighter grip than that of a Scotsman gripping a five pound note; I think most deadbeat dads, get all the reverse kudos they so thoroughly deserve!
Given the evidence was entirely circumstantial, and based on thoroughly discredited theory, practiced it would seem, by a self taught clinician?
Then there should be either a retrial or an appeal!
But particularly, if this person could pass a space age lie detector test.
And here I'm not talking about a polygraph that a pathological liar can regularly, routinely beat, but completely covert thermal imaging brain scans and CAFRT, that not even a polygraph beating psycho can defeat.
If I had my druthers, they'd be in every court, and every witness's testimony, covertly tested.
This would largely replace, being able to treat any and or all witnesses as hostile, or already guilty, but treated with the same polite level of inquiry, we would all believe is our own birthright, in a so-called democratic country; no longer shackled to positively archaic traditions and conventions; that i.e., allowed a person to be transported for stealing a loaf of bread, or a pair of shoes, at the height of a bitter and cold Scottish highland winter; which as a few might actually know, is hell on bare feet!
It shouldn't be all about winning or losing, but illuminating true justice!
Do it again and do it right this time.
Isn't enough already, for a potentiality innocent person to lose four kids, without being persecuted by the state and imprisoned for a crime she did not commit; or, someone else, [another family member perhaps?] may have committed, or just didn't happen as envisaged, and was just a terrible tragedy, or has an unknown genetic cause?
Prove it beyond reasonable doubt, or lose it!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 27 June 2014 12:04:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rhrosty: I think most deadbeat dads, get all the reverse kudos they so thoroughly deserve!

Oh, I agree with you Rhrosty, but unfortunately, according to Feminists & their Lawyers, "All men are deadbeat dads." You see I've been in that situation where doing the right thing became my undoing. My 1st wife ran off with someone else & didn't want anything to do with our daughter but the Feminists threatened to dob her in to the Authorities because, she was working & had been collecting a deserted wife's pension Living with a defacto & there was something else which escapes me now. They forced her to take me to Court for the child even though she didn't want too. They tried & failed to make me out to be a dead beat dad. I raised my daughter buy myself for 27 months but lost on a technicality. She was under 3 years old. Just 2 week short of her birthday. Even though the Child Welfare people gave me tremendous report & praise my efforts. They condemned my wife in the sternest of terms. The Magistrate said it was not right to say those things about a "mother." My daughter is now a bottle full of mental problems which would never happened if the Court had made the right decision.

Even great dads get a bums rush when it comes to children.

Why do people make excuses for mothers of children who are killed or die in suspicious circumstances. Oh, they were having a bad hair day, that day. So it's OK?
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 27 June 2014 1:06:26 PM
Calls to mind the framing of Lindy Chamberlain on the strength of phoney "expert" evidence (identifying an industrial coating as "foetal blood stain") before a pig-ignorant NT jury. If the prosecution manages to convince a jury beyond all reasonable doubt that an innocent person has committed a crime, then when the truth comes out the prosecutor should go to prison for perverting the course of justice.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Friday, 27 June 2014 3:15:40 PM
Jayb,
Society has such trouble asking women to take responsibility for their actions. If a man had been around 4 children who died he would be called a serial killer and never released from jail.
And this 'white knight' talks about circumstantial evidence. Yet when it comes to men the only circumstantial evidence needed is that the accuser is female and the accused happens to be male.
How anyone could defend a women who had not one, not two bur four children die in unexplained circumstances in a first world country in the 21 century is sickening.
It's cases like this that prove the 'best interests of the child' crowd are really 'the best interests of the mother'' crowd.
Posted by dane, Friday, 27 June 2014 3:18:06 PM
Jayb.
As a divorced dad with two girls of my own,I can understand your very visible heartbreak. And the only way out, is through it!
And you can't drown your sorrows, just float them to the surface!
As the son of a deserting deadbeat dad, however, I stand by my earlier comments entirely.
As someone who on one cold and rainy night, was very nearly killed by a homeless mother, driven crazy by the travails of trying to raise four kids, without so much as one iota of assistance from a so called deadbeat dad, or the state, or the rallies.
Or the eternally moralizing church, or their holier than thou, pulpit pounding pious parsimonious preachers!
Therefore, I can empathize with other mothers left in similar circumstances.
And usually by excuse making deadbeat dads, with all the, butter wouldn't melt in the mouth, excuses in the world, for their own shortcomings!
That said, it would be almost impossible, to not believe, that there are some mums out there, ready willing and able to lie through their back teeth, to get some advantage over, or just punish an errant father/partner.
And one might be very surprised to find, just how many mothers claim the wrong sire as the Mug who pays the bills, father; confirmed by modern DNA paternity testing exposure!
Nobody is perfect and neither are our family courts!
To reiterate, I would have all evidence and witnesses subject to covert space age lie detection, particularly, where accusations of incest etc, are used as a reason to remove a Father's/Childrens' rights, or grab a hugely unfair share of commonly owned property.
In any event, the losers in all these battles, are the entirely innocent kids, who are all too often affected for the whole of their lives, with failures to finish looming large in their education outcomes, career choices, or just lasting human relationships.
Proper testing of evidence as envisaged, would rob the excuse makers of their run of the mill excuses, for all too often inexcusable behavior, be they men, women or sometimes, manipulative precocious kids
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 28 June 2014 9:59:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy