The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Every life matters > Comments

Every life matters : Comments

By Rachael Jackson, published 13/5/2014

A mother is raped and becomes pregnant. Should abortion be an option for her? What might her child think?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All
>>"That poor mother, look what she went through. Was I worth the pain?"<<

The answer is definitely yes, the fact that you wrote this touchy article proves it. Thanks.
Posted by George, Tuesday, 13 May 2014 8:10:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am pleased you are cherishing your life...

"But I turned to my faith, and I sought my value in what the Scriptures said.
That I was planned by God.
He had a plan and purpose for me."

However, when you are next speaking to God, Rachael/Sonia... would you convey my disgust that He achieves his plans through the violence of rape and its consequences upon your mother.

Oh, and if He is serious that "Every life matters!" would He please zap miscarriages out of existence. Sooner would be better than later. Thanks.
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 13 May 2014 8:15:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rachael,

Indeed, some people are so insecure in their rejection of God that they can react to a life experience like yours only with sarcasm.
Posted by George, Tuesday, 13 May 2014 8:32:18 AM
WmTrevor,
I'm with you.
Every potential mother over her lifetime has about 300 opportunities to become pregnant. Until a particular fertilized egg is a viable conscious entity why should it have preference over the other 299 potential human beings?
It is a woman right to determine the outcome of her motherhood potential, not some rapist, or some mystical improbable god, or any human busybodies.
If it wasn't for this particular rapist the author's mother may have had a fulfilling life with other healthy children.
Posted by Foyle, Tuesday, 13 May 2014 8:38:20 AM
That's a tad unfair, George... "insecure in their rejection of God".

As unfair as if I accused you of being insecure or hypocritical in your worship of God whose plan for one girl when "She was 16, innocent,when a man climbed into her bedroom and raped her. Her parents kept her locked away for 9 months. She no doubt was scared, her parentsand brothers ashamed of the baby. They kicked herandbeat her. Eventually, shelay bleeding on the door step, giving birth." and all the rest of the mother's traumas you think acceptable.

Acceptable for no more reason than that you approved of the article. "Was I worth the pain?" "The answer is definitely yes, the fact that you wrote this touchy article proves it".
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 13 May 2014 9:18:46 AM
WmTrevor,

>>As unfair as if I accused you of being insecure or hypocritical in your worship of God<<

I did not say anything about worship of God. Had I said something sarcastic about those who do not believe in God you would be entitled to point out that sarcasm as being due to insecurity in what I believed.

My post was meant only as a reassurance to the author (I addressed it to her since I did not expect you to be enough sensitive to understand the point) that not everybody felt about her life story (she did not state anything that could be argued for or against) that way as if to imply “it would have been better if you were aborted”.
Posted by George, Tuesday, 13 May 2014 9:47:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy