The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A British teacher’s heroism versus Al Shabaab’s barbarism > Comments

A British teacher’s heroism versus Al Shabaab’s barbarism : Comments

By Bashir Goth, published 7/4/2014

My reply to him after reading the story was: 'Al Shabaab would probably demand the girl be killed as she now carries an infidel’s organ in her body.'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A voice of reason and sense.
Posted by ateday, Monday, 7 April 2014 8:32:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"A voice of reason and sense."

Indeed and too rare amongst Islam.

If Islam is to drag itself out of the barbarism of the 6THC it will need to change from within by reassessing the meaning and emphasis of its scripture as this author has done.
Posted by cohenite, Monday, 7 April 2014 9:09:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yep only secular culture is more barbaric than Islam as the unborn are slaughtered.
Posted by runner, Monday, 7 April 2014 9:57:38 AM
Would we still want to execute the completely innocent girl, if the infidel, was converted to Islam, and became a most devout Muslim?
And how can Al Shabaab know that hasn't already happened?
Every culture has its share of thugs and murderers, who hide their inherent bloodthirsty nature, behind this or that convenient religion, or so called cause!
Were there not this religion or cause, these nutters, would find another equally convenient excuse?
At the end of the day, these same people will have to face their maker, judgement and a lifetime of sin!?
And indeed, the eternal fires of hell, the only possible destination for those who believe, that life's lessons, have their own appropriate reward or endpoint.
A little water sprinkled on the face, on the deathbed, or a hate driven "man", claiming you were doing God's work?
Is never ever going to change those same, so as you sow, so also shall you reap outcomes.
There are many who have had near death experiences, with some telling stories of having seen and experienced the fires of hell or the heaven of reunion with loved ones in paradise.
Now whether that is the illusions of oxygen starved brains or eyewitness accounts, is a matter of debate; and or, simply not proven either way!
I for one, believe in a life after death, and or a soul that goes on, and retains all the love and memories of this life and any previous ones.
And I have had several personal experiences that simply deepen a belief that for me, is as true as my existence, the very air that I breathe and all of the actual experiences, that have been mine during my life, which includes some miraculous escapes from certain death.
Which have served to inculcate a belief in an allotted God given time for everyone on planet earth, that no power on earth can alter or reduce!
Let alone a murderous, pulpit pounding Al Shabaab, whose personal courage or genuine belief, never ever extends to doing his own dirty murderous work!?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 7 April 2014 11:09:54 AM
"And this is exactly in keeping with the true meaning of the Quran."

Unfortunately, depending on who you ask, the Quran has as many 'true meanings' as the Bible, and Al Shabaab has just as much right to quote the Quran to support their beliefs as you do.

But here's a suggestion: why not forget about trying to interpret the meaning of the Quran, true or otherwise, and simply do your best to act like a compassionate, civilised, rational human being? And why not try to ensure that everyone else does the same, no matter what religious or cultural background they come from?
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 7 April 2014 12:00:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy