The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Failure will come from Kerry's acceptance of Jew hatred > Comments

Failure will come from Kerry's acceptance of Jew hatred : Comments

By David Singer, published 13/1/2014

John Kerry is trapped in a Vietnam War paradigm that has no application to the Palestinian question.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Kerry and the Obama Administration are the latest in a long line of US Administrations who feel compelled to participate, often for humane reasons, in the theatre of compromise between Israelis and Palestinians.

All three sides also participate because its in their national interests.

For an obvious reason it'll be an interesting week but probably one of predictable hatreds from the usual.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 13 January 2014 10:32:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"How can there possibly be any transformation in the relationship between Jews and Arabs when Kerry's framework for peace is destined to go nowhere until this long running Arab enmity of Jews is completely eradicated," says the Singer, his tongue in his cheek.

And where did the Arab enmity come from? Could it be related to the placing of Israel smack in the middle of Palestine by Western Powers? Could it have anything to do with the sixty year occupation of Palestine since 1948?

Could it be a result of the genocide the Israelis have carried out on the Palestinians, or the thieving of their land, or the constant humiliation of the Palestinians and the starving of their kids and the denial of medicines, or the destruction of Palestinian farms and the building of dividing walls, or the throwing of Palestinians from their home into the street, or the building of Jew-only roads and settlements or the 1967 War or Jenine, Shatila and and Xmas surprise that Gaza got a few years ago, or the killing of Arafat, etc, etc?

Israel could be forgiven for these atrocities but only if they get in planes and go back to where they came from and take their racism and arrogance and religious extremism with them.

Only then will the hate dissipate but it will still take decades! If the Israelis don't go, hate will last ten thousand year or until the Israelis begin to drop some of their nukes!
Posted by David G, Monday, 13 January 2014 11:03:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let the Arabs go. Say what you mean. You know you mean Jews and not Israelis.

Jews were in Israel around 1,500 or so years before the Arab conquest. Arabs left when the land was again conquered.

As the Jews came in reater number in the early 1900s, and drained the swamps and made the deserts bloom, something interesting began to happen. Arabs followed. They had good reason to come. They came for jobs. They came for prosperity. They came for freedom. And they came in large numbers.

Winston Churchill observed in 1939: “So far from being persecuted, the Arabs have crowded into the country and multiplied till their population has increased"

Mark Twain visited the Holy Land in the 19th century, he was disappointed. He referred to it as a vast wasteland.

There has always a strong Jewish presence in the land – particularly in and around Jerusalem. In 1854, according to a report in the New York Tribune, Jews constituted two-thirds of the population of that holy city. The source for that statistic? A journalist on assignment in the Middle East that year for the Tribune. His name was Karl Marx.

A travel guide to Palestine and Syria, published in 1906 by Karl Baedeker, illustrates the fact that, even when the Islamic Ottoman Empire ruled the region, the Muslim population in Jerusalem was minimal. The book estimates the total population of the city at 60,000, of whom 7,000 were Muslims, 13,000 were Christians and 40,000 were Jews.
Posted by Sam C, Monday, 13 January 2014 11:49:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DavidG

You state:

"And where did the Arab enmity come from? Could it be related to the placing of Israel smack in the middle of Palestine by Western Powers? "

Firstly - Israel was only placed in 22% of Palestine - with Arab self -determination to take place in the other 78%.

Secondly - That decision was made by the unanimous consent of all following 51 members of the League of Nations:

"Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, British India, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Italy, Japan, Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Persia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Republic of China, Romania, Siam, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Union of South Africa, United Kingdom, Uruguay, and Venezuela."

The Arabs have never accepted this verdict of the international community.

Whilst people like you support their rejectionist decision - the 130 years old conflict is sure to continue.

Why should one Jewish state among 21 Arab States be the cause for continuing wars and conflict? How much land do the Arabs need to swallow up before they get indigestion? They ended up with 99.99%. Is grabbing the other 0.01% worth the tens of thousands of deaths of both Jews and Arabs that we have seen for the last 93 years?

Remove your Jew-hating blinkers and open your eyes.

Or are you totally blind and racially prejudiced?
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 14 January 2014 10:56:26 AM
Excellent response David Singer.

To David G

You say "they get in planes and go back to where they came"

That's an interesting point. Where would you suggest I should go?

At this point in time I live in Australia, though I was born in England from Russian and Polish stock.

My paternal grandmother came from Spain, via Russia, from where her family was forcibly evicted in the early 1500s.

The chromosome Haplotypes, genes, DNA in my blood signifies I originate in the Middle East, as they do with all Jews, unless Jewish by conversion.

So I thank you for suggesting we all go back to Eretz Israel from whence we came.
Posted by SF, Tuesday, 14 January 2014 11:44:25 AM
You left one important question out, Singer. You forgot to ask me if I've stopped beating my wife?

And also, like other misguided people who write and comment on OLO, you attribute hate to me. You confuse legitimate criticism and hate.

Because I frequently list the many atrocities and war crimes committed by Israel doesn't mean that I hate Jews/Israelis.

But it is correct to say that I hate what they do, hate how they brutalize the Palestinians and steal their land, hate how they humiliate and exploit them, hate how they keep them in poverty. What do you expect me to do? Give them praise for their criminality and serial atrocities?

Singer, you use the accusation of hate to create a smokescreen just as prior to WW2, when people raises questions about aggressive German rearmament, they were ignored. Again, the rampant imperialism of the U.S. is being ignored while the Americans continue to take over the world using force.

I raise questions about Israel and its enabler the U.S. because I can see where their imperialism is leading: a nuclear holocaust.

I hate no one, get it! But I don't want to end my days being vaporized in a nuclear holocaust caused by the greed and ultra-nationalism of Israel and America.

I hope that has cleared things up and I will continue to argue the case for the removal of Israel from the Middle East and the toppling of the U.S. before it gains global domination and sets up a totalitarian, Big Brother world.

I am spurred on in my endeavors by love for this world and its people and a hatred of the evil and greed and depravity which some humans are clearly capable of.
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 14 January 2014 11:56:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy