The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Integrated agreement the only way to resolve climate change > Comments

Integrated agreement the only way to resolve climate change : Comments

By Darcy Gilligan, published 22/11/2013

Support favouring climate action is surging across the globe. Domestic public demand for action is exceptionally high, and this has proven true in the latest talks at the current United Nations climate talks in Warsaw.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Yar, spindoc...

Perhaps someone should tell China that carbon pricing is on the way out.

http://www.climateinstitute.org.au/articles/media-briefs/china-launching-two-more-carbon-markets.html

"This year China has ramped up its efforts to cut carbon and air pollution through carbon trading, renewable energy investment and caps on coal use. Various industry analysts predict that Chinese coal consumption could peak by 2020 and then decline.

Carbon markets in Shanghai and Beijing to launch in coming days.

It is expected that Shanghai will launch an emission trading scheme on 26 November, covering approximately 190 companies emitting 110-150 million tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2). The Beijing market is set to begin on 28 November, and will cover more than 400 companies responsible for emissions from power, industry and large buildings.

China’s developing carbon markets

China is developing at least seven pilot emission trading schemes. China’s first ETS began in June, in the city of Shenzhen (pop. 7 million). The Shenzhen market covers over 800 private and public organisations responsible for 31 million tonnes of carbon pollution, or about 40 per cent of the city’s emissions."

Read more.....
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 25 November 2013 11:06:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting poirot. Google "china climate policy" and have a good read. The claims made by the CPI, ABC et all do not coincide with China's own published documents which do not mention any ETS at all. Lots of other initiatives, but no ETS.
Posted by Sparkyq, Monday, 25 November 2013 12:36:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot,

That response was completely OT both from the original article and my response to you.

I provided a short list of just some of the disasters that have happened both before and during the Warsaw round.

You slagged off the LNP so I agreed that you should remove reference to the LNP and revisit that list and asked you this question.

“If your science is so solid, can you explain how all the things I listed have gone or gone belly up?”

If you don’t have an explanation that’s fine, just say so but going OT is not a response, it’s a diversion of the thread.

Rule No 1 on OLO, “Keep Responses on Topic”,

Thanks.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 25 November 2013 1:43:46 PM
spindoc,

My link covered current actions to being undertaken in China.

On topic.

(Just because I don't dance to your tune doesn't mean I'm OT)
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 25 November 2013 2:23:26 PM
Poirot.
Yes it does when spindoc's comments are rational and measured and your responses include exaggerstion and obsfucation.
Posted by imajulianutter, Monday, 25 November 2013 4:49:34 PM
Madame Poirot,

I concede that the following sub-heading for this article could embrace what is happening in China (at the very least according to your ABC) however. The acid test must remain that of observable vs forecast as a measure of reality.

<< Support favoring climate action is surging across the globe. Domestic public demand for action is exceptionally high, and this has proven true in the latest talks at the current United Nations climate talks in Warsaw>>.

You have now left yourself open to the challenge of explaining the ‘China” relevance to the statement above.

Your challenge, should you chose to accept it, is to explain, just how this statement could possibly be true?

Maybe the thing for you to do is to write to this particular author and tell them to stop raising questions that the magnificent, intellectual, elitist, pontificating, patronizing, no answers here, intelligentsia and sod you I don’t have to answer Poirot cannot answer?
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 25 November 2013 6:40:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy