The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How a jesuit product turned a government into trappists > Comments

How a jesuit product turned a government into trappists : Comments

By Kevin Childs, published 13/11/2013

Freedom of speech is under attack in Australia today from the Abbott Government's lockjawed approach to information.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
No matter how many jokers tell you otherwise, Trappist monks (and nuns) do not take vows of silence.
Posted by Dionysius, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 8:35:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Dionysius,

It is unseemly to bring in facts in a critique of an olo article.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 10:43:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
True enough. But the Labor Party has destroyed any credibility as a critic. Worse, the opening session of Parliament today demonstrated not just irrelevance, but how the major parties are an unnecessary, expensive incubus on Australian society.
Posted by Leslie, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:29:35 AM
Kevin, you may have misjudged 'Me No Talk' Abbott and his brother-at-arms, 'Want-A-Punch-In-The-Mouth' Morrison (WAPITMM).

Kevin, we are entering a new period in Australian politics. In the past, politicians have told us everything, bored us to tears. They appeared on television 24 hours a day repeating three-word slogans. Tony came up with this novel approach because he can only remember three words at a time!

But that's not all! Tony et al, are setting in motion a new political strategy: Tell The Silly Buggers Nothing (TTS for short which, dare I mention it? is also a nice part of the female torso). I'm sorry if this latter point upsets gays and sends them into a panic, but I can't please everyone!

So Kevin, be happy that politicians, currently, are seen and not heard. It's probably the quiet before the storm. Just wait until Bronnie gets her tonsils tuned up. It will be enough to wake the dead!
Parents will frighten their children into silence and obedience by threatening to show videos of Bronnie at the height of her vocal powers.

P.S. Kevin, in closing I've just had a terrible thought! What if gays force all females to wrap their breasts tightly to their ribs so gays won't get a panic attack should a voluptuous blonde walk by with everything bouncing!

Life wasn't meant to be easy, someone said.
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:51:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The freedom of speech includes the freedom not to speak!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 12:19:25 PM
After watching Abbott tonight with Lee Sales, the only thing I feel he is good for is " riding" a bike.
Posted by Ojnab, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 7:39:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy