The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'New management' a let-down so far for this Liberal voter > Comments

'New management' a let-down so far for this Liberal voter : Comments

By Andrew Farran, published 8/11/2013

The Liberals' small target strategy means we are surprised by their agenda.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Certainly shows the Canberra ex-Public Servant tradition of opposing the Coalition is alive and well.

On transparency I dimly remember the Leader of the Opposition was internally elected. What has he done and said since? Notable by his absence?
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 8 November 2013 10:38:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
His 'small target' strategy suggests that he, Tony, has much to hide.

We, the voters, will find you out, Tony! Your every weakness will be revealed as more and more voters realize just how cunningly you conned them with three-ward slogans.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall!
Posted by David G, Friday, 8 November 2013 10:49:09 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So many people seem to very short memories. What about the previous six years of government by thought bubble, the internal ructions of the governing party, the lies, the rediculous posturing? I doubt Mr Abbott and his team will be making rushed or hasty decisions.

Also I note the author didn't offer his solution to the problem of boat arrivals.
Posted by Sparkyq, Friday, 8 November 2013 11:12:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I despair that we have any party capable of governing. After the disastrous ALP government of recent memory we are now heading, I fear, into the pit of right-wing fanaticism where the present mob's rich mates will be looked after and the rest of us, including the environment, can get stuffed. What have we done to be punished by the LNP in Queensland and in Canberra?
Posted by Francis, Friday, 8 November 2013 11:58:17 AM
On the bright side, with Labor on the nose for many years to come and the Coalition following some obscure instruction manual on how to alienate the electorate, perhaps more people will go for the 'Indi Option' and search out local candidates who will represent their community. Something has to be done to burst the bubble of self-serving complacency inhabited by the major party politicians.
Posted by Candide, Friday, 8 November 2013 12:05:16 PM
Candide,

Spot on!
Posted by Francis, Friday, 8 November 2013 12:33:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy