The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 50 ways to deny climate change > Comments

50 ways to deny climate change : Comments

By Lyn Bender, published 5/11/2013

It is seems that there are fifty ways to do almost anything, and as an exercise I compiled a list of the fifty ways I observed as having been used to promote climate science denial.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
You missed the most important, Lyn:

51. Not actually get any warmer, as measured by all the official and widely-used global temperature measures, for seventeen years.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/12/01/18-annual-climate-gabfests-16-years-without-warming/

Unfortunately for you, the greatest global climate change 'denier' is the global climate.
Posted by Jon J, Tuesday, 5 November 2013 6:16:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes indeed Lyn, the denialist camp has tentacles that spread into many aspects of our society and make it impossible for any meaningful action to ensue.

But as I keep saying; everyone – denialists, sceptics and ardent warmists – should all be united in the push to convert from fossil fuels to renewable energy as much as we can, and to stabilised population and do the various other things that comprise a concerted push towards a sustainable future.

Climate change should be beside the point! We’ve got to do the same sort of things regardless!

But then, the mindset needs to be there in our government and amongst at least some of those in positions of power in the business world.

So, just as has been the case with those who have pushed for growth, faster growth and evermore growth for decades, the vested-interest fraternity and their kowtowing little government buddies, of both persuasions, will continue to make sure that we don’t address the all-important imperative to wean ourselves off of our addiction to fossil fuels and steer humanity towards a sustainable future.
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 5 November 2013 8:10:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LOL Jon J, you have posted a classic example of number 27 on Lyn's list...
Flood the media with factually incorrect articles that discredit the climate science.
Posted by Beaunydal, Tuesday, 5 November 2013 8:26:27 AM
Jon J,

I think you'll find that your post is covered by point 25. - "Spread various myths that dispute climate change science."....and point 27. - "Flood the media with factually incorrect articles that discredit the climate science."

With extra brownie points for linking to WUWT.

Here's a relevant article on point 12. - "Discredit environmentalists and experts, rather than confront the evidence presented."

David Murray - “When I see some evidence of integrity amongst the scientists themselves. I often look at systems and behaviours as a way of judging something, and in this case, to watch the accusations that fly between these people suggests there’s been a breakdown in integrity in the science.”

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/nov/01/scientists-demand-apology-david-murray
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 5 November 2013 8:39:27 AM
Meanwhile I thoroughly recommend this talk:
http://www.guymcpherson.com/2013/10/presentation-in-boulder-colorado
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 5 November 2013 10:09:07 AM
Lyn
you would be far more comfortable on other sites where this stuff is accepted uncritically, which is most other sites despite your claims.

You will also find that at this stage of the debate, with most participants polarised, you'll want a more subtle argument than this rather silly propaganda..

The Climate Commission, for example, was axed for the good reasons that not only was it producing straight propaganda rather than anything that could be described as independent advice, but also because its function could easily be taken over by other departments..
Posted by Curmudgeon, Tuesday, 5 November 2013 10:24:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy